Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

StudioKonnect 48 Question

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and considering the purchase of a Studiokonnekt 48 for my home studio. I have a q about the unit I am hoping you can help me with.

I have 3 stereo pairs of monitors. I would like to be able to take a single sound source (one software return, think of playing Windows media player, though thats not what I am really doing) and directing it at 40% volume to speaker pair A, 60% volume to speaker pair B, and 75% percent to speaker pair C. Then I want to have input source 1, go to speaker pair A, input source 2 to speaker pair B etc...

And last but not least, I would love it if the cool remote that comes with this unit could then act as the master volume control for all three speaker pairs simultaneously.

What is the ability of the Studiokonnekt to do some or all of the above?

Thanks
Tags (1)
steveng57 Contributor - Level 2 2008-09-24

2008-09-24

StudioKonnect 48 Question

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and considering the purchase of a Studiokonnekt 48 for my home studio. I have a q about the unit I am hoping you can help me with.

I have 3 stereo pairs of monitors. I would like to be able to take a single sound source (one software return, think of playing Windows media player, though thats not what I am really doing) and directing it at 40% volume to speaker pair A, 60% volume to speaker pair B, and 75% percent to speaker pair C. Then I want to have input source 1, go to speaker pair A, input source 2 to speaker pair B etc...

And last but not least, I would love it if the cool remote that comes with this unit could then act as the master volume control for all three speaker pairs simultaneously.

What is the ability of the Studiokonnekt to do some or all of the above?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Re: StudioKonnect 48 Question

Interesting challenge! For the remote, no problem. For the rest... I don't know (unless you can use software routing of course).
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

"And last but not least, I would love it if the cool remote that comes with this unit could then act as the master volume control for all three speaker pairs simultaneously.

What is the ability of the Studiokonnekt to do some or all of the above?"

Hi Steve,

I know that the Remote can switch between 3 sets of speakers, but I don't know about the above question, controlling 3 at once.

If you haven't already done so, read the product description in the web site. It may tell you in there.

Also, you can download the manual, and read through it.

I have the SK48, and in the settings & control panel, you have some options within the speaker settings, and you might be able to do this, but I've never tried.

I will look into tonight or tomorrow, when I fire up my set up, because now you've aroused my curiosity.
I will post here again if I think I've found a way to do this.

Good luck,

James
t c SK48 | Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 | Roland UM-550 MIDI Interface | 3 Monitors | Win 7 Home - 64 Bit | i7-2600k | 16 Gigs Ram | ASUS P8Z68 MoBo | Cubase 8.0.4 | Roland V-Piano | Panorama P6 Keyboard | Yamaha P-200 | MIDI Modules | Roland TD-6 V-Drums | Some Guitars | Very Little Talent Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the input all. Much appreciated.

Read the manuals, watched the videos. Still not 100% clear on whether it can do the above, but it looks promising indeed. Unfortunately there are none in my local area that I can play with so that makes it hard to be sure.

I decided to take the plunge and ordered a unit thru my local Guitar Center. They said that they'd take it back if it didn't do what I wanted, no questions asked. So I will let you all know how the saga unfolds. Very cool device from the looks of things, I eagerly await its arrival.

James, I noticed you are from BC. Born in Vancouver myself, moved all around the province when growing up, living in Seattle now. Thanks for the advice from a fellow Canuck. I am using SONAR as well, and posted the same q over there on some of their forums and got a semi-positive response as well.

Steve