Contributor - Level 2

The blues nothin' but the blues

I bought the XENYX Q802USB to record basic blues and it does exactly that and more, all I've added is a vintage Alesis Microverb and although its early days, two and a half to be exact, I'm well pleased with the results, lots of work yet tho'
The early blues guys didn't muti-track, gear was basic and the performance was everything, bleed, foot stomping an' all
and the early bluegrass boys did everything guitar,,banjo, mandolin, fiddle, bass all round one mic.
So it one guitar, one voice and add harmonica or second guitar as needed.
So if you are interested in acoustic blues, folk or roots try keeping it simple and enjoy, its the way it used to be done.
Tags (1)
DaveJones Contributor - Level 2 2013-04-26

2013-04-26

The blues nothin' but the blues

I bought the XENYX Q802USB to record basic blues and it does exactly that and more, all I've added is a vintage Alesis Microverb and although its early days, two and a half to be exact, I'm well pleased with the results, lots of work yet tho'
The early blues guys didn't muti-track, gear was basic and the performance was everything, bleed, foot stomping an' all
and the early bluegrass boys did everything guitar,,banjo, mandolin, fiddle, bass all round one mic.
So it one guitar, one voice and add harmonica or second guitar as needed.
So if you are interested in acoustic blues, folk or roots try keeping it simple and enjoy, its the way it used to be done.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies