Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

U-PHORIA UMC204HD Computer playback

HI,

I project to buy a U-PHORIA UMC204HD Audio interface but before i want to know if it's possible to listen computer sound on the phone out and the line out and also if yes, can we adjust the mix "computer /Input "

thank you,

Best regards
AntoineMorisset Contributor - Level 2 2015-12-01

2015-12-01

U-PHORIA UMC204HD Computer playback

HI,

I project to buy a U-PHORIA UMC204HD Audio interface but before i want to know if it's possible to listen computer sound on the phone out and the line out and also if yes, can we adjust the mix "computer /Input "

thank you,

Best regards

• 0 Kudos
  • 10 Replies
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: U-PHORIA UMC204HD Computer playback

Antoine Morisset;64215 wrote:

Hi Antoine, welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you are considering the U-PHORIA UMC204HD. Smiley Happy

The answer to both your questions are yes. You can listen to sound coming from your computer on the Main LR Outputs and the Headphone Output. The "Mix" knob allows you to select between the 2-Input audio channels (IN) and the Return Playback (PB) from your computer or you can blend between the two.

The Main LR and Headphone output volumes each have their own dedicated volume knobs for controlling your levels.

Hope this is helpful!
Michael Lapke
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Michael,

It's perfect , the card do exactly what i'm looking for . i will buy one very soon , thank you for your quick feedback I very appreciate it.

Antoine.
Contributor - Level 1

Signals routing/mixing in UMC204

Hi Michael,
And what I will hear on Playback outputs A and B? And how it depends from the switch Monitor A/B? Is there a possibility to hear simultaneous the mix of Inputs (1,2) plus for example some backing track from DAW or live virtual midi-synthesizer output on Main LR outputs, Headphone output and either A(1,2) or B(3,4) playback outputs? In other words can I use only one pair of playback outputs (only A or only B) in a role of Main LR outputs just because in simple cases I'd preffer to connect output signal from UMC204 to unbalanced inputs of my household amplifier? Is there a picture of scheme of signals routing/mixing in UMC204?
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Ivan Verba;64613 wrote:
Hi Michael,
And what I will hear on Playback outputs A and B? And how it depends from the switch Monitor A/B? Is there a possibility to hear simultaneous the mix of Inputs (1,2) plus for example some backing track from DAW or live virtual midi-synthesizer output on Main LR outputs, Headphone output and either A(1,2) or B(3,4) playback outputs? In other words can I use only one pair of playback outputs (only A or only B) in a role of Main LR outputs just because in simple cases I'd preffer to connect output signal from UMC204 to unbalanced inputs of my household amplifier? Is there a picture of scheme of signals routing/mixing in UMC204?

Dear Ivan,

There is no diagram on mixing/routing necessary because on this unit because you will just be hearing whatever stereo signal is being sent from the output of your computer to the UMC204HD, which is typically a stereo 2-track (Channels outputs #1/3 are L and #2/4 are R) mix. You can feed as many or as little tracks as you want to that stereo feed.

The use of the A/B selection is to have mix A outputting while you are queuing up then next track/song on Mix output B when DJing. Best thing would be to hook up the Main LR output of the UMC204HD to your household amplifier, then use the A/B outputs for A/Bing between two different sets of monitors in your home studio setup. Hope this helps answer your questions.
Michael Lapke
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Outputs

Is it possible to use both A and B outputs at the same time?
If yes, is it possible to route tracks in DAW to seperate outputs of A and B? For example first track would have backing track and routed to A output, while second track have a metronome and be routed to B?

Thank you in advance!
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Evgeniy Chjen;77020 wrote:
Is it possible to use both A and B outputs at the same time?
If yes, is it possible to route tracks in DAW to seperate outputs of A and B? For example first track would have backing track and routed to A output, while second track have a metronome and be routed to B?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Evgeniy, welcome to the forums!

To answer your question yes both A and B outputs can be used at the same time. They are labeled as 1,2,3, and 4 on the unit and will be seen as such in your DAW, as long as it's a multitrack DAW. Then, you just need to send the tracks you'd like in your DAW (using your DAW's routing capabilities) to send the audio channels you want to the UMC204HD's 1-4 outputs that you would like to use .

Hope this helps!
Michael Lapke
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Main Out

Hi

Is it true that Main Output are only routed from A (1,2) and not B(3,4). I cant seem to route 3,4 to Main Output on Windows but routing 1 & 2 works fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hi Mang, welcome to the forums!

Most computers will route audio out of USB 1 and 2 (Stereo, Left and Right respectively) by default, if you want audio to be present on your UMC204HD's Outputs 3 and 4 then you will have to tell your computer/DAW to send signal to those sources to hear audio on those outputs.
Michael Lapke
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

U-Phoria UMC204HD computer playback

I'm having trouble getting my Windows 10 laptop to see output B (line out 3 and 4) as an assignable option. The UMC204HD shows up in the playback options window, but only as a stereo device. In the playback configuration window, I can set up the UMC204HD as a Quadrophonic device, test the speaker outputs, and get signal at the Stereo A and B outputs on the UMC204HD. But when I try to assign anything to the outputs from Audacity, Multiplay, or even the local playback devices, my options are still only for one stereo feed. What am I missing?