Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

U-PHORIA UMC404HD crashes constantly and repeatedly on win7 64bit driver 4.38.0.0

Contributor - Level 1
I am very disappointed and furstrated about my recent purchase of U-PHORIA UMC404HD.
The first week it was running ok, but since then it crashes all the time. I just want to throw it out of the window. It plays music on youtube, then the youtube video stops moving. I go to playback devices, I disable U-PHORIA UMC404HD, I re-enable it after 1-2 minutes and then the youtube videos goes on for about 10 minutes. Then I have the same problem. What it has to be noticed here is that when U-PHORIA UMC404HD is disabled the youtube video starts moving again, Same thing if power off and on the card. Same thing if I play music with vlc. Same thing even if I restart the computer.
It is a torturing thing, you wanna do some simple work on your pc and then you end up searching for hours why the U-PHORIA UMC404HD does not work.
Is there any suggestion for people who just want to listen to music?
4 REPLIES 4

Re: U-PHORIA UMC404HD crashes constantly and repeatedly on win7 64bit driver 4.38.0.0

Contributor - Level 1
It is definitely a driver problem. I have dual boot with linux and in linux the card works flawlessly.

Re: U-PHORIA UMC404HD crashes constantly and repeatedly on win7 64bit driver 4.38.0.0

Contributor - Level 3
A couple of things come to mind. If you are using the 404 with other software, it may be set to exclusive mode. That means the 404 can't be shared with something else. This can be changed in system sound settings. The other thing: I just tried YouTube in win 10 and I had to go to the system tray bottom right and select the playback device. There should be 2 selections for the 404. You may just have a routing and/or software conflict issue.

Contributor - Level 2
Exactly the same problem, windows 10, UMC404HD and you tube. So frustrating !!

Contributor - Level 3
I've found YouTube to work when the UMC404HD is set to 48000 Hz sample rate. If you change this, you may run into problems. After switching back to 48000 Hz, reload the video and it should work.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors