Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

UFX1604 Recording Midi

I used to use a laptop to record live gigs but thanks to the UFX1604 that's a thing of the past.
The only thing that is a problem if there are midi drums or keyboard in the band the UFX1604 has no midi record function.
A way around this is with a Win Tablet with Reaper and a USB Midi interface.
I found a 10.1" DELL Latitude ST Tablet PC Windows 7 with a proper USB socket on eBay cheap, it just mounts on a bracket arm Tablet holder on the back of the road case. You can put a midi track record template in the "Startup" in the Start Menu, then all you need to do is touch Record Button on the Tablet and UFX1604.
The UFX1604 does not come with the usual mounting brackets so you need to get some angle brace from the hardware store, take the red grab rails off, screw the angle brace on using the existing screws then screw the grab rails back on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2163[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2164[/ATTACH]
BobMuso Contributor - Level 1 2017-04-06

2017-04-06

UFX1604 Recording Midi

I used to use a laptop to record live gigs but thanks to the UFX1604 that's a thing of the past.
The only thing that is a problem if there are midi drums or keyboard in the band the UFX1604 has no midi record function.
A way around this is with a Win Tablet with Reaper and a USB Midi interface.
I found a 10.1" DELL Latitude ST Tablet PC Windows 7 with a proper USB socket on eBay cheap, it just mounts on a bracket arm Tablet holder on the back of the road case. You can put a midi track record template in the "Startup" in the Start Menu, then all you need to do is touch Record Button on the Tablet and UFX1604.
The UFX1604 does not come with the usual mounting brackets so you need to get some angle brace from the hardware store, take the red grab rails off, screw the angle brace on using the existing screws then screw the grab rails back on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2163[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2164[/ATTACH]

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies