Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

UHC204HD Midi not showing up with Windows 10

Just picked up a UMC204HD. I'm using it in Windows 10 and installed the 4.38 drivers. The audio input and output is working great inside of Windows. I see the UMC204HD as an audio device.

However, it is not showing up as a MIDI device. Neither a MIDI input device or a MIDI output device. I looked in both FL Studio and Abelton Live and it's not showing up.

Is there any kind of troubleshooting guide or steps I can take to try to get it working?

Thanks,

Dave
Tags (3)
DavidKincaid Contributor - Level 1 02-03-2019

02-03-2019

UHC204HD Midi not showing up with Windows 10

Just picked up a UMC204HD. I'm using it in Windows 10 and installed the 4.38 drivers. The audio input and output is working great inside of Windows. I see the UMC204HD as an audio device.

However, it is not showing up as a MIDI device. Neither a MIDI input device or a MIDI output device. I looked in both FL Studio and Abelton Live and it's not showing up.

Is there any kind of troubleshooting guide or steps I can take to try to get it working?

Thanks,

Dave

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: UHC204HD Midi not showing up with Windows 10

David Kincaid;159983 wrote:

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forums. The first place to look is under Sound, video, and game controllers in Device Manager. If it's not there, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers and look for an unrecognized device.

If Device Manager looks ok my tool of choice is MIDI-OX. Go to Options->MIDI Devices and highlight your instrument. Then go to View->Input Monitor and play something. You should see note on/off messages coming from the MIDI interface.

Once you have that working, you'll have to go into your DAW user guide and find out if you need to "Enable" the MIDI device before you can use it. I don't use either of those DAWs, but I know in Reaper you have to configure a MIDI device before you can use it.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 1

Re: UHC204HD Midi not showing up with Windows 10

Thank you, Ken! You provided exactly what I needed. I looked in Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers" and saw the UMC204HD listed there, but it was using the Microsoft driver eventhough I had installed the Behringer driver yesterday. Weird. I reinstalled the Behringer driver and now it's recognized as a MIDI in and MIDI out device in the DAW.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. It is much appreciated!

- Dave