Highlighted
Xan Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

UM2 and mixer?

Good day. I recently bought a UM2 audio interface. It works great with a mic and instruments. Is it possible to connect a mixer to the UM2? I have a Hybrid MC20USB mixer and was wondering if I can use my instruments through the mixer and then connect the mixer to the UM2 for recording a whole band?

Xan Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-15

2019-08-15

UM2 and mixer?

Good day. I recently bought a UM2 audio interface. It works great with a mic and instruments. Is it possible to connect a mixer to the UM2? I have a Hybrid MC20USB mixer and was wondering if I can use my instruments through the mixer and then connect the mixer to the UM2 for recording a whole band?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: UM2 and mixer?

Not sure that the USB part of a Hybrid mixer is really a USB audio interface. It may just provide MP3 playback from a USB stick. However to connect your mixer into your PC you could use a Behringer UMC202 USB interface rather than the UM2.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 3

Why do you want to feed the mixer into the UM2 when it already has integrated USB to record the mixer output on a computer? Anyway the UM2 has two non identical inputs so you can't really feed a stereo line out feed from a mixer into it.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I can't find drivers for the mixer and at this stage it doesn't work with my laptop without drivers, but I'll just have to keep looking. 🙂

Contributor - Level 3

Not sure that the USB part of a Hybrid mixer is really a USB audio interface. It may just provide MP3 playback from a USB stick. However to connect your mixer into your PC you could use a Behringer UMC202 USB interface rather than the UM2.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

The USB seems to be an input port only. I can play music from my pc through the mixer via USB. Thanks. I'll try to get hold of a UMC202.