Contributor - Level 1

UMC1820 Input/Output Selection

I got a UMC1820 running on 64bit Windows7. There is the UMC Audio Control Panel 3.29.0, but documentation is missing. There is an entry ASIO buffer size, so I guess another ASIO driver is obsolete. In Audacity 2.1.2 and in VSTHost application I cannot find all the inputs and outputs, I can select just MME, Direct Sound device. As such I got only one Line input and Loudspeaker output in the dropdown menu. But I want to select any input pair as input and output.
Edit: Audacity does not support an ASIO driver but only the Windows devices are visible which seem to generate 16-bit audio. I managed to run a VSThost with ASIO support, recording the channels in 24-bit resolution. Noise is very low.
AndreasKlossner Contributor - Level 1 2016-08-03

2016-08-03

UMC1820 Input/Output Selection

I got a UMC1820 running on 64bit Windows7. There is the UMC Audio Control Panel 3.29.0, but documentation is missing. There is an entry ASIO buffer size, so I guess another ASIO driver is obsolete. In Audacity 2.1.2 and in VSTHost application I cannot find all the inputs and outputs, I can select just MME, Direct Sound device. As such I got only one Line input and Loudspeaker output in the dropdown menu. But I want to select any input pair as input and output.
Edit: Audacity does not support an ASIO driver but only the Windows devices are visible which seem to generate 16-bit audio. I managed to run a VSThost with ASIO support, recording the channels in 24-bit resolution. Noise is very low.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: UMC1820 Input/Output Selection

Correct, audacity does not support ASIO, you get a free copy of tracktion waveform apon registration,this can do it all.