Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

UMC1820 Stopped working overnight

So Yesterday I go into my home studio and all of the clip lights and signal LEDs are on for all 8 inputs on my UMC1820. I was using it the night before and all was good. Now it wont pass audio or do anything at all. I've unplugged all of the ins and outs, disconnected power and usb, plugged it back in with nothing but the power cable and no change. As you can imagine I am a bit upset as I just purchased this at christmas and it didn't even last a month. I've opened a support case, but no response yet....

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
BrianSnyder Contributor - Level 1 01-16-2018

01-16-2018

UMC1820 Stopped working overnight

So Yesterday I go into my home studio and all of the clip lights and signal LEDs are on for all 8 inputs on my UMC1820. I was using it the night before and all was good. Now it wont pass audio or do anything at all. I've unplugged all of the ins and outs, disconnected power and usb, plugged it back in with nothing but the power cable and no change. As you can imagine I am a bit upset as I just purchased this at christmas and it didn't even last a month. I've opened a support case, but no response yet....

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: UMC1820 Stopped working overnight

Brian Snyder;138822 wrote:

Hi Brian,

I haven't seen a lot of 1820's show up in B-stock (factory refurbished) so I wouldn't say this is common. I do however think your unit is defective so I'd recommend either returning it directly to the place of purchase or arranging an exchange with Behringer.

Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver