Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

UMC204HD output sound and windows

Hi again!
I've been using for few months my u-phoria and I can say I'm quite happy... just started to record my own projects Smiley Happy

But I have an issue (if I can call it like that) and I hope you can help mi to fix it:

I connected to the u-phoria a pair of studio monitors so I can hear what I play (I set the Behringer outputs as predefined windows audio output).

It looked everything perfect but.... it looks like I cannot open 2 different programs (ie VLC media player and guitar rig - to play or study music while I can listen the song I want to play or learn): if they are both opened, one program of them will not let hear any sound... if I want to listen the music player I must close guitar rig... and vice-versa.

Please note that as soon as I connected the studio monitors, I decided to unplug my old pc small outputs monitors (plugged on the pc soundcard), I was hoping they should not be necessary anymore

Is there a solution or should I use the old pc monitors again? But anyway I think in this case I should change all the times the windows audio settings according of what I must do (record with my DAW or playng along youtube using a guitar software.. it wuld be very annoying

Thanks again for your attention... I hope I explined clearly the matter
ciao
Riccardo
Ricky1973 Contributor - Level 2 2018-11-09

2018-11-09

UMC204HD output sound and windows

Hi again!
I've been using for few months my u-phoria and I can say I'm quite happy... just started to record my own projects Smiley Happy

But I have an issue (if I can call it like that) and I hope you can help mi to fix it:

I connected to the u-phoria a pair of studio monitors so I can hear what I play (I set the Behringer outputs as predefined windows audio output).

It looked everything perfect but.... it looks like I cannot open 2 different programs (ie VLC media player and guitar rig - to play or study music while I can listen the song I want to play or learn): if they are both opened, one program of them will not let hear any sound... if I want to listen the music player I must close guitar rig... and vice-versa.

Please note that as soon as I connected the studio monitors, I decided to unplug my old pc small outputs monitors (plugged on the pc soundcard), I was hoping they should not be necessary anymore

Is there a solution or should I use the old pc monitors again? But anyway I think in this case I should change all the times the windows audio settings according of what I must do (record with my DAW or playng along youtube using a guitar software.. it wuld be very annoying

ciao
Riccardo

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: UMC204HD output sound and windows

Riccardo Merlo;154869 wrote:
Hi again!

ciao
Riccardo

Hi Ricardo,

Both applications must be set to use the same playback bitrate and depth otherwise they will conflict with each other. I don't use either of those programs so I can't guide you through the setup.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver