Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

UMC404HD - no power

I just set the Behringer UMC404HD - plugged the power suply, and USB cable to my Mac, and nothing happens, the indicators are off, my computer doesn't see any new divice. There's no power switch (or is it...? Smiley Happy ). Funny thing is that when i unplug the power supply, the "power" indicator turns orange. 

Jacek Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-25

2020-03-25

UMC404HD - no power

I just set the Behringer UMC404HD - plugged the power suply, and USB cable to my Mac, and nothing happens, the indicators are off, my computer doesn't see any new divice. There's no power switch (or is it...? Smiley Happy ). Funny thing is that when i unplug the power supply, the "power" indicator turns orange. 

Superhero - Level 3

Re: UMC404HD - no power

@Hello @Jacek , welcome to the community.

The power light is orange when the UMC is getting power from either the PSU or through USB. If it doesn't light when the PSU is connected and the USB is disconnected, there is a fault with either the UMC or PSU.

Some USB ports will not supply enough power for the UMC 404HD so it may be necessary to use the mains PSU as well. 

The UMC has a USB 2.0 port. Some USB 3 ports on PCs/laptops do not handle USB 2.0 very well. Many recent laptops have USB-C 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3 ports which should handle USB 2.0 with appropriate adapter cables.