Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

USB Recording issue

I am an X32 owner and at a gig last night, the venue also had an X32. So, I was looking forward to recording the set on a usb stick I provided. Unfortunately, the sound guy pulled our stick rather than stopping the recording, resulting in the often described 0 Kb wave file Smiley Sad

Someone had suggested using chkdsk to try to fix the file structure on the drive, but that did not work. Wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or success stories on how to fix this. I'd really like to have the audio from that set.

Steve
Tags (1)
SteveKatsikas Contributor - Level 2 2017-10-28

2017-10-28

USB Recording issue

I am an X32 owner and at a gig last night, the venue also had an X32. So, I was looking forward to recording the set on a usb stick I provided. Unfortunately, the sound guy pulled our stick rather than stopping the recording, resulting in the often described 0 Kb wave file Smiley Sad

Someone had suggested using chkdsk to try to fix the file structure on the drive, but that did not work. Wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or success stories on how to fix this. I'd really like to have the audio from that set.

Steve

Volunteer Moderator

Re: USB Recording issue

Hi Steve,

Try this approach
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-repair-a-corrupt-wav-file
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!