Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

USB Thumb drive recording problem with X-16

I am using a 36gb thumb drive formatted with FAT 32.  When I plug in to the Xair X-16, a red light goes on for two seconds, then goes out. In Setup/Audiomidi/USB interface, the selection is greyed out.  The Xair internal recorder won't record.  What is causing this?  I've tried resetting the Xair with a paperclip for 10 seconds, turning it off and on, and tried two thumb drives. 

I tried a laptop.  With the Xair mixer, the USB interface 18/18 ch. lights up, but not the 2/2 ch.  I then attached the ethernet cable.  Same problem.  The red light on the Xair goes on for two seconds, then shuts off. 

thanks,

wa

wadrum Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-01

2019-08-01

USB Thumb drive recording problem with X-16

I am using a 36gb thumb drive formatted with FAT 32.  When I plug in to the Xair X-16, a red light goes on for two seconds, then goes out. In Setup/Audiomidi/USB interface, the selection is greyed out.  The Xair internal recorder won't record.  What is causing this?  I've tried resetting the Xair with a paperclip for 10 seconds, turning it off and on, and tried two thumb drives. 

I tried a laptop.  With the Xair mixer, the USB interface 18/18 ch. lights up, but not the 2/2 ch.  I then attached the ethernet cable.  Same problem.  The red light on the Xair goes on for two seconds, then shuts off. 

thanks,

wa

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Rising Star - Level 1

Re: USB Thumb drive recording problem with X-16

@wadrum 

Have you tried several different flash drives? 

The USB interface 18/18 channel buttons only work on the XR-18 so that's not a issue.

Contributor - Level 2

Yes, I tried two.

Volunteer Moderator

@wadrum wrote:

I am using a 36gb thumb drive formatted with FAT 32. 

How did you format the thumb drive? Fat32 using the standard formatting tool in Windows only allows up to 32Gb. If you are formatting using a Mac, it has to be the MSDOS Fat32. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!