Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

USB interface for Shure PGA 58

Contributor - Level 1
I have bought the Shure PGA 58 XLR microphone. But now i realize i can not connect it to my PC. So i need a usb interface in order to connect it. The micro is for my daughter that will use it in order to recording herself singing.

Do you think i may use the "BEHRINGER MIC USB Interface (MIC2USB)"? or should i get the "Behringer U-Phoria UM2" or the "Behringer U-Phoria UMC22"

Thanks a lot
1 REPLY 1

Re: USB interface for Shure PGA 58

Contributor - Level 2
Jose Carlos Sanjuan;157860 wrote:
I have bought the Shure PGA 58 XLR microphone. But now i realize i can not connect it to my PC. So i need a usb interface in order to connect it. The micro is for my daughter that will use it in order to recording herself singing.

Do you think i may use the "BEHRINGER MIC USB Interface (MIC2USB)"? or should i get the "Behringer U-Phoria UM2" or the "Behringer U-Phoria UMC22"

Thanks a lot

Either the U-Phoria UM2 or the U-Phoria UMC22 would work and allow her plug in headphones so music can be heard as well her own voice while she sings. Both of these also can provide 'phantom power' for a condenser type of microphone if she/you should ever decide to upgrade the microphone (the PGA58 will be fine for her in the beginning). My own preference would be the U-Phoria UMC22, as the connections for monitors(speakers) are 1/4" rather than the RCA jacks. I don't believe other than the type of speaker jacks there is much difference between the two except for where the control knobs are located.
The MIC2USB cable interface just lacks features that someone singing would want to have.
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors