Triber Moderator

Update X AIR EDIT v1.1 Released

Hello everyone,

As Jan announced this morning and some of you have already begun to realize by checking the Behringer website that we have officially released a new version of X AIR EDiT for Windows/Mac/Linux on this morning. See below for the official release notes.

BEHRINGER X AIR EDIT Application Version 1.1 for X AIR Digital Mixer Series:

BEHRINGER's X AIR EDIT version 1.1 software app provides full control over all mixing, processing and effects functions of X AIR X18, XR18, XR16 and XR12 digital mixers right from your Windows, Mac and Linux PCs. The new main screen scaling function allows convenient resizing of the application, taking modern high-resolution displays up to 4k into account. Along with a number of small fixes and improvements, version 1.1 provides copy/paste scope selection, Solo and Select preferences and global bus-send changes.

The X AIR EDIT user interface is optimized for touch-panel operation and provides simple, intuitive access to expert-level editing for mixing 18 input channels to 12 buses, including 4 internal stereo effects processors – all featuring the highly acclaimed BEHRINGER X32 audio processing engine.

The X AIR app provides the mobility to go where you need to get the most out of your system, enabling you to adjust your house mix from any seat or fine-tune monitor mixes from on-stage. X AIR EDIT is extremely easy to configure – just select the X AIR mixer's network and link the device of your choice. Upon opening the app's Setup/Connect page, all connected X AIR mixers will show up as available devices. Double-click your mixer's name or IP address, and the app instantly connects and synchronizes all parameters.

X AIR EDIT can even be used in offline mode, allowing you to prepare scenes or complete shows – with or without your X AIR series mixer. Editing in offline mode is convenient, and allows you to experience the unprecedented flexibility and professional features that X AIR brings to the world of ultra-compact mixing.

KEY FEATURES
Control all Input Levels, Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom and Stereo Link
Parametric Channel EQ Control – fine-tune EQ from anywhere in the room
Configurable RTA bar graph or spectrograph overlay on EQ editing screens
Metering Overview – all I/O levels at a glance
Control input channel bus send levels conveniently from their channel faders or directly from Mixer Overview
Detailed Preamp/Configuration, Gate, Compressor, EQ and Bus Sends pages
FX Rack with 4 true-stereo FX slots each giving access to more than 50 studio-grade effects
Application's Show, Scene and Preset editing in addition to the X AIR mixer's internal Snapshot automation

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION
Supports high screen resolutions for HD or even 4k displays
Offers fit-to-width or fit-to-height scaling functions
Refined channel presets and copy/paste scope selection
GUI preferences for Solo and Select
Global bus send changes across all channels

IMPROVEMENTS
FX Editor screen remains on top of other windows
Color scheme improved for low contrast laptop screens

REQUIREMENTS
Compatible to Apple Mac OSX 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10 operating system software
Compatible to Linux operating system software, tested with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Compatible with PCs running Windows 7 operating system software or higher
Windows 8 or higher and display sizes larger than 22" are recommended for touch panel operation
X AIR EDIT 1.1 requires X AIR series mixer firmware V1.09 or higher, or can be used in offline mode

Download the latest update from the Behringer website here:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/XR18.aspx
Michael Lapke
Michael_Lapke Triber Moderator 2015-05-29

2015-05-29

Update X AIR EDIT v1.1 Released

Hello everyone,

As Jan announced this morning and some of you have already begun to realize by checking the Behringer website that we have officially released a new version of X AIR EDiT for Windows/Mac/Linux on this morning. See below for the official release notes.

BEHRINGER X AIR EDIT Application Version 1.1 for X AIR Digital Mixer Series:

BEHRINGER's X AIR EDIT version 1.1 software app provides full control over all mixing, processing and effects functions of X AIR X18, XR18, XR16 and XR12 digital mixers right from your Windows, Mac and Linux PCs. The new main screen scaling function allows convenient resizing of the application, taking modern high-resolution displays up to 4k into account. Along with a number of small fixes and improvements, version 1.1 provides copy/paste scope selection, Solo and Select preferences and global bus-send changes.

The X AIR EDIT user interface is optimized for touch-panel operation and provides simple, intuitive access to expert-level editing for mixing 18 input channels to 12 buses, including 4 internal stereo effects processors – all featuring the highly acclaimed BEHRINGER X32 audio processing engine.

The X AIR app provides the mobility to go where you need to get the most out of your system, enabling you to adjust your house mix from any seat or fine-tune monitor mixes from on-stage. X AIR EDIT is extremely easy to configure – just select the X AIR mixer's network and link the device of your choice. Upon opening the app's Setup/Connect page, all connected X AIR mixers will show up as available devices. Double-click your mixer's name or IP address, and the app instantly connects and synchronizes all parameters.

X AIR EDIT can even be used in offline mode, allowing you to prepare scenes or complete shows – with or without your X AIR series mixer. Editing in offline mode is convenient, and allows you to experience the unprecedented flexibility and professional features that X AIR brings to the world of ultra-compact mixing.

KEY FEATURES
Control all Input Levels, Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom and Stereo Link
Parametric Channel EQ Control – fine-tune EQ from anywhere in the room
Configurable RTA bar graph or spectrograph overlay on EQ editing screens
Metering Overview – all I/O levels at a glance
Control input channel bus send levels conveniently from their channel faders or directly from Mixer Overview
Detailed Preamp/Configuration, Gate, Compressor, EQ and Bus Sends pages
FX Rack with 4 true-stereo FX slots each giving access to more than 50 studio-grade effects
Application's Show, Scene and Preset editing in addition to the X AIR mixer's internal Snapshot automation

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION
Supports high screen resolutions for HD or even 4k displays
Offers fit-to-width or fit-to-height scaling functions
Refined channel presets and copy/paste scope selection
GUI preferences for Solo and Select
Global bus send changes across all channels

IMPROVEMENTS
FX Editor screen remains on top of other windows
Color scheme improved for low contrast laptop screens

REQUIREMENTS
Compatible to Apple Mac OSX 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10 operating system software
Compatible to Linux operating system software, tested with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Compatible with PCs running Windows 7 operating system software or higher
Windows 8 or higher and display sizes larger than 22" are recommended for touch panel operation
X AIR EDIT 1.1 requires X AIR series mixer firmware V1.09 or higher, or can be used in offline mode

Download the latest update from the Behringer website here:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/XR18.aspx

• 0 Kudos
  • 54 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Update X AIR EDIT v1.1 Released

Congratulations I hope some of the bugs were squashed. Now for the screen size mod, why not just publish the resolutions for each of the selections especially since fit to height and fit to width certainly don't take the control surface actual size into consideration. A good start but a ways to go, sorry. Needs a display ratio adjustment. Would be useful to know present ratio.
Contributor - Level 2

Tell me the MANUAL will be posted tomorrow. It's about time that this event happens or will this be the first forum manual? That what it is about now.
Triber Moderator

William and all,

Thanks William, I would say that we are, as you say "taking steps in the right direction" with this release. We will continue to improve the software with future versions and implement even greater functionality with the X AIR Mixers. We fixed some issues and streamlined some features in this release. I will double check with RnD on the specifics for the screen resolutions of the different settings and report back here with what I find out. To me, setting the window to "Fit Height" has yielded the largest setting to fit my screen on my Mac and Windows PCs.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Well Michael I would characterize it more like "taking a bunch of missteps in the right direction" Smiley Wink What's with the deafening silence on the manual issue? I usually don't buy anything without first reading the manual. That was not available when I made the decision to buy the XR18, but in the past Behringer always had a manual and I ASS-U-ME 'd that it would be available for download by the time I had the product. Well that came to pass. Maybe B.. can put the marketing ad writer to work on turning fiction into reality.
Triber Moderator

Dear William,

For the X AIR Mixers we decided to do a near paperless approach for the release of these products. The mixers come with a Quick Start Guide to get customers up and running but we do also have an X AIR manual available on the Behringer WIKI page for customers that is continually being updated as new software/firmware updates are released. A few new sections were actually just added to it just this week. As the product is packed with lots of features and is rapidly evolving, so is the online manual for these mixers.

Users can view the manual here: http://behringerwiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=1._Introduction

We are working as fast as possible to make more information available to customers and provide "How-To" videos on the Behringer YouTube channel with the latest releases/updates as they become available. If you have any specific questions with the operation of these mixers then feel free to reach out to me and I will be glad to assist you.
Michael Lapke
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Michael,
great to see that we have an new version of X AIR EDIT out there shortly after the version 1.0. But the X AIR EDIT is just a fallback application for me. It would be more important to snyc and enhance the tablet apps with the same functionality (mute groups, dca groups, etc.) as X AIR EDIT provides. I have experienced troubles while using X AIR EDIT in parallel with ipad app X AIR when you are using the new features. Hope this will be fixed soon...

PS: And the resize is not automatically when you pull with your mouse on the corner. you need to push some buttons to resize the window. Could not understand at all why this feature is developed in this way and the application does not behave like a standard application. Sorry to say ( i love the x air mixer at all) but i cannot understand why behringer develop application in in that way.
Contributor - Level 2

Very true, Richy. There are settings you can make in X-Air Edit that can't be changed via the iPad app... in fact you can disable some things in the iPad app by changing settings in the X-Air Edit app.

As for a "rapidly evolving" product. How about we get the product to a point where it works as advertised before we do any evolving? That would be so nice. I mean, after all, it would have been against the law for me to have written you a check and then withheld payment until you made your product work the way it was supposed to.
P.W. Fenton Hudson, Florida
Contributor - Level 2

pps: Just tested the resize functionality on my 10.1 Windows 8.1 tablet and it simply does not work for me but make your own experience. I could not find a resize solution which fits correctly on my screen. Sorry to say, this is useless.
Contributor - Level 2

Richy Rotter;50744 wrote:
pps: Just tested the resize functionality on my 10.1 Windows 8.1 tablet and it simply does not work for me but make your own experience. I could not find a resize solution which fits correctly on my screen. Sorry to say, this is useless.

Keep trying. Had some issues with my MacBook Pro. Try going too big then trying the auto fit features over and over. Eventually you may find one that fits.