Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Using 2 Firepower FCA1616 interfaces togheter

Hi everybody, I bought a FCA1616 and, so far, I'm very happy with it. I linked it to an ADA8000, but I was wandering if it was possible to expand to 32 channels by using another FCA1616+ADA8000, also USB connected to the pc as the first one. On Mac I suppose it's very simple, just create an aggregate device with the two interfaces, so it recognizes 32 in and 32 out. But what about Windows? It has always been a problem with Microsoft to use multiple device as a big one, someone tried out ASIO4ALL, which might work in this case, but I was wandering if Behringer had made the Windows driver with this funcion "built-in". I'm asking that because when I open the FCA1616 USB Control Panel, with interface connected, it says "1 Device(s) connected". It suggests that connecting two FCA1616 will show me "2 Device(s) connected". So here is the main question: Is it possibe to use 2 or more FCA1616 interfaces with the same driver on a DAW (Cubase for example) as an aggregate device, on Windows 7? I hope I've explained myself well enough, I'll wait for your response!
Thank you very much and have a nice time Smiley Happy
Lanzoyd Contributor - Level 1 11-30-2013

11-30-2013

Using 2 Firepower FCA1616 interfaces togheter

Hi everybody, I bought a FCA1616 and, so far, I'm very happy with it. I linked it to an ADA8000, but I was wandering if it was possible to expand to 32 channels by using another FCA1616+ADA8000, also USB connected to the pc as the first one. On Mac I suppose it's very simple, just create an aggregate device with the two interfaces, so it recognizes 32 in and 32 out. But what about Windows? It has always been a problem with Microsoft to use multiple device as a big one, someone tried out ASIO4ALL, which might work in this case, but I was wandering if Behringer had made the Windows driver with this funcion "built-in". I'm asking that because when I open the FCA1616 USB Control Panel, with interface connected, it says "1 Device(s) connected". It suggests that connecting two FCA1616 will show me "2 Device(s) connected". So here is the main question: Is it possibe to use 2 or more FCA1616 interfaces with the same driver on a DAW (Cubase for example) as an aggregate device, on Windows 7? I hope I've explained myself well enough, I'll wait for your response!
Thank you very much and have a nice time Smiley Happy

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Using 2 Firepower FCA1616 interfaces togheter

...anybody here?
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Using 2 Firepower FCA1616 interfaces togheter

Dear Lanzoyd,
Thank you for your question!
There is no official support for using multiple FCA1616s linked together or connected to the same computer, so you will not find this ability with the BEHRINGER FCA1616 driver. Even on the mac platform, where an aggregate device is easily created, we cannot officially support this as audio clicks and glitches may appear due to Core Audio itself.
Let's keep in touch, John DiNicola Manager, Customer Experience, Engagement MUSIC Group BEHRINGER