Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Voiclive Rack as a plugin in ProTools 12

Just got Voicelive Rack and it works find as stand alone through PA etc. However, I got it to process dry vocals as a plug in. The instructions are on the side of complicated but I found Youtube video on use as an aux send through a mixer. I wanted to use as a plug in. I think the rack can be insert on an aux track in Protools 12 but it gets me confused on how to set it up correctly. You can send a dry vocal to an aux track with the rack as an insert on the track. How to do that is the question. I am experimenting but no luck so far. 

docshaman Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-23

2019-06-23

Voiclive Rack as a plugin in ProTools 12

Just got Voicelive Rack and it works find as stand alone through PA etc. However, I got it to process dry vocals as a plug in. The instructions are on the side of complicated but I found Youtube video on use as an aux send through a mixer. I wanted to use as a plug in. I think the rack can be insert on an aux track in Protools 12 but it gets me confused on how to set it up correctly. You can send a dry vocal to an aux track with the rack as an insert on the track. How to do that is the question. I am experimenting but no luck so far. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Voiclive Rack as a plugin in ProTools 12

Hey @docshaman,
You can connect your VoiceLive Rack directly to your computer and use it as a audio device, without the need for a separate interface.  Please check out page 33 of the manual - it describes what I think you're after.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Voiclive Rack as a plugin in ProTools 12

I'm a huge fan of Stillwell Audio's Rocket compressor to smooth things out. Very versatile, very affordable, and sounds great on pretty much every vocal. If the vocals need precision cleanup, Waves Q6 allows for precision fixes; if you need a little musical EQ the TDR VOS SlickEQ is really nice and subtle. Q6->compression->SlickEQ, or Q6->SlickEQ->compression. xvideos

If you're not looking to spend money, BF76 is a good go-to for compression, pro tools EQ7 does well for fixes, and TDR SlickEQ is free.xnxx

It's a pretty typical mistake to use too many plugins on a track, so try to stay away from using a bunch of plugins with extreme settings and just use two or three to get the results you want. Experiment, see what sounds good to you, and then stick with it and use those and learn them inside and out.xxx