Contributor - Level 2

Waves X-wsg card

Just got 2 of the waves xwsg cards. Curious if I am the only one who is having so many problems with them. I am familiar with waves multitrack lv1 mixer. As well as the X32 daniel. I have a Midas m32r. X32 rack, X32, and X32 core. The main issue I have is a 10db signal drop when returning from multirack. Also. Non of my X32 cores even recognizes the card, but I can still run audio through multirack back to the X32 core. On my X32rac x32 and Midas m32r. It says it's an adat card. I have contacted waves and behringer to let them know.
JeremyVasellina Contributor - Level 2 2017-06-29

2017-06-29

Waves X-wsg card

Just got 2 of the waves xwsg cards. Curious if I am the only one who is having so many problems with them. I am familiar with waves multitrack lv1 mixer. As well as the X32 daniel. I have a Midas m32r. X32 rack, X32, and X32 core. The main issue I have is a 10db signal drop when returning from multirack. Also. Non of my X32 cores even recognizes the card, but I can still run audio through multirack back to the X32 core. On my X32rac x32 and Midas m32r. It says it's an adat card. I have contacted waves and behringer to let them know.

• 0 Kudos
  • 39 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Waves X-wsg card

Mine is doing the exact same thing.

Showed up as an ADAT card for the first time it was booted up, every time after that when trying to move over to the "Card" tab it won't allow you and stops at the tab before.

Multirack SoundGrid, X-WSG driver, and WSG Studio all see the card fine.

I can ID the card (LED does light show) and the X-WSG driver shows it's clocking fine.

WSG Studio popped up my firmware update notification and it updated fine, card is on the latest firmware.

I'm going to guess this is a problem on the Behringer X32 as everything on Waves side seems to be recognized although no audio will pass.

I've factory restored my X32, re-seated the card, restarted my entire setup multiple times to no avail. I wasted at least 6 hours last night trying to get this working for all my gigs this weekend.

This card is NOT ready for primetime.

This is the first Behringer product (X32 & X-WSG) I've bought in almost 20 years and I should have learned my lesson from past experiences. Their reputation was horrendous and it seems not much has changed, definitely regretting this investment. No other company I've dealt with can routinely put out such sloppy and poor work.
Contributor - Level 2

Waves X-wsg card

Ian are you having a drop in signal when you return from multirack. Mine is like 10 db drop.

Side. Note this is not a behringer product. If you look on the card behringer me name is no where on it. I assumed that there was collaboration between waves and behringer. But it seems that waves just kinda went for it. Even with that being said. I would expect for waves to knock it out of the park. I'm sure that they will get it right. Just glad I'm
Not the only one.
Contributor - Level 2

Ian Hind;126438 wrote:
Mine is doing the exact same thing.

This card is NOT ready for primetime.

This is the first Behringer product (X32 & X-WSG) I've bought in almost 20 years and I should have learned my lesson from past experiences. Their reputation was horrendous and it seems not much has changed, definitely regretting this investment. No other company I've dealt with can routinely put out such sloppy and poor work.

It's interesting that it's running on some but not on all. I have not yet installed mine on Core or Compact, so I can't comment on that. But this ISN'T a Behringer product. It's a Waves product made to run on the X/M32.

But I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that the problem resides in the X/M32 firmware and that a firmware update is imminent.
Contributor - Level 2

Waves X-wsg card

Art- have you heard of others having success. I have tried this on six systems and it's still so buggy on all six with both cards. Let us know what your personal experience is when u get a chance to install yours
Contributor - Level 2

I will stand corrected, this isn't a Behringer product, my apologies.

I spoke to Waves and did a remote session with them and they tried flashing my card multiple times with no luck. The tech finally gave up after 30 minutes of testing. He sent his info to the higher up programmers.

I also spoke to Behringer. The tech mentioned they don't even have a single X-WSG card in house to test with. It seems Waves dove head first into this on their own.

My guess is Waves was testing on a specific firmware or hardware that is obviously not even close to universal.

The two companies are going to have to work together on this.

I understand it's on Waves at this point, but I specifically bought this console based solely on the SoundGrid network.

If Behringer doesn't want this console getting returned along with what seems many others, they'll be quick to get this going.

I personally know 3 consoles bought strictly for this, and the X-WSG card sold out immediately. The next batch is coming in July.

I think they should get a beta group together so we can iron this out quickly.
Contributor - Level 2

Waves x-wsg io card

Yea I just emailed waves support back and forth. It would make sense for them to make the console see the card as a Dante card. Since you don't need to configure the Dante card in the card tab. But I still have a 10 db drop when I return from the x-wsg card.
I emailed behringer and I got the sense that waves went at it alone......I know that behringer has gotten a bad rap over the years... although I will say with the X32 family anything with the behringer name has been great or addressed quickly. I have used the madi card- a-dat card Dante card with no issues. Not even close the the problems I have had with the x-wsg card
Contributor - Level 2

Waves x-wsg card

Just an update. On my m32r I was able to do virtual playback right from pro tools. On my X32 core no audio was going to it from pro tools. Untill I opened up soundgrid studio and patch from device to device one to one. I'm still getting that 10db drop when using the card returns per channel. Hopefully waves can figure this out soon
Super Contributor - Level 2

Waves X-wsg card

Are any of you using the Waves SoundGrid Server or just Multirack and a DAW?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Waves X-wsg card

Gary. In order to run plugins live with low latency you need a host application (multirack, Lv1) and a server (impact server, server one, extreme server). That's the main reason I think most of us purchased this. I tried multirack soundgrid and lv1 both using the impact server.. I have tried this on an X32 rack, core, X32 full size, m32r. I have tried this on 2 diff iMacs 1 Mac mini 1 MacBook Pro. I have used it with 2 different cards. I can get audio but when I do returns from the host app I get a 10db drop on signal. On any of these setups