JeremyVasellina Contributor - Level 2 2017-06-29

2017-06-29

Waves X-wsg card

Just got 2 of the waves xwsg cards. Curious if I am the only one who is having so many problems with them. I am familiar with waves multitrack lv1 mixer. As well as the X32 daniel. I have a Midas m32r. X32 rack, X32, and X32 core. The main issue I have is a 10db signal drop when returning from multirack. Also. Non of my X32 cores even recognizes the card, but I can still run audio through multirack back to the X32 core. On my X32rac x32 and Midas m32r. It says it's an adat card. I have contacted waves and behringer to let them know.

• 0 Kudos
  • 39 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Waves X-wsg card

Just to make things clear. The x-wsg is NOT endorsed in any way by Behringer. This is a solely a Waves product and not a Behringer product by any means.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Waves X-WSG Card

Robert Lofgren;126492 wrote:
Just to make things clear. The x-wsg is NOT endorsed in any way by Behringer. This is a solely a Waves product and not a Behringer product by any means.

Understood. I feel bad for behringer tech support though they are going to be getting a lot of calls. Its funny to me how people's knee jerk still is to blame behringer, even though the x32 family specifically has had enormous success.
Contributor - Level 2

X Dante + liveprofessor2 + reaper = No problemo Smiley Tongue
Super Contributor - Level 2

I'm very surprised Waves put this out with what appears to be very little testing. Shame on them and I hope they fix this quick or refund those who purchased it.
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah... I read through. There's a lot of things coming into play.

I am betting, at least in some cases, some of these issues are based on their machines and configurations.

Mine tested just fine on MacBook Pro and Mac Mini, with MRSG and LV1, Extreme Server - X32 full size console

Things to check:

Latest versions of host applications?
Latest X32 Firmware?
Installed the cards drivers/modules from Central on their computers?
Ran the firmware updates on the cards from within the Waves host applications if needed?
Qualified Switches?
Using 5e/6?
Qualified OS?
Qualified computer?
lol.... etc etc etc.

I'm not saying there aren't issues, I'm just saying I haven't seen those yet - although, I didn't check the round trip level for a difference, and did not have any issues that I noticed... I will check that this week during our setup. I'm back and forth on a bunch of different gigs, but I'll be out with the 32 and Card this week and give updates. That said, if there is a drop, digital trim on the console takes care of that until there is a firmware / driver update. Also, you can trim up your outputs in MultiRack - that is if this is an issue for others / all.... could also just be the processing in the racks if this was tested that way. If so, test with a blank rack.... I will look at that this week though.
Contributor - Level 2

That said, if there is a drop, digital trim on the console takes care of that until there is a firmware / driver update. Also, you can trim up your outputs in MultiRack - that is if this is an issue for others / all.... could also just be the processing in the racks if this was tested that way. If so, test with a blank rack.... I will look at that this week though.

Let us know what you find. I was thinking of the digital trim as I trying to fall asleep last night. Yea I have all current firmware and os etc. etc. The only thing that I haven't tried yet is a diff server. My work has 2 server ones. The impact server is the only constant in all of those diff setups.
Contributor - Level 2

Latest versions of host applications?
Multirack (native and soundgrid) 9.80.13.212 Build 111051
Latest X32 Firmware?
X32 Compact v3.07 (also tested v2.16)
Installed the cards drivers/modules from Central on their computers?
Multiple times, as did the Waves tech through TeamViewer
Ran the firmware updates on the cards from within the Waves host applications if needed?
Waves tech's did this for half an hour, no luck
Qualified Switches?
GS108 (as specified by Waves)
Using 5e/6?
Yep, CAT6. Software sees the card perfectly fine, sample rate, clocking, everything 100% but no audio passes
Qualified OS?
macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Qualified computer?
MacBook Pro with touchbar, 16GB ram (customized from apple direct)

Fully understand this is NOT endorsed by Behringer in any way, this IS a Waves product, but they don't have a forum, so the talk is here I guess.

This is so far from prime time I really can't believe Waves released this. I understand little bugs here and there, but it seems nearly no body has this running properly.

I get NO audio, not a 10db drop, nothing. Both Native and with my SoundGrid server, nothing.

I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Waves products and never had something this bad, could be the first thing I actually send back.
Volunteer Moderator

I have pointed waves to this thread. Let's see if they'll respond here or if they want to take this offline.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Small update for people posting and reading here:

After more communication with Waves, the X-WSG card is supposed to show up as an ADAT card. Personally mine showed up as an ADAT card on it's initial booting but never again.

Since my console doesn't see the card at all, Waves things it's a hardware problem which I don't agree with. I very strongly feel it's a firmware issue, as it was seen before the firmware update.

Waves is asking for me to send the card back to them for repair which I think is a bit ridiculous. This obviously needs some major programming work done, as I'm clearly not the only one.

I think I will hold onto it for 2 weeks (until I have my return window almost cutoff) and if the issues aren't repaired the X-WSG card and X32 Compact will be going back for a refund.

P.S. Yes I understand this isn't a Behringer product, but unfortunately for them the only reason I bought an X32 was strictly for SoundGrid on my Waves Impact server. The console will be going back if this isn't resolved, sorry guys.
Contributor - Level 1

Also, only the full size X32 console, and M32 console are supported.