Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Why does my Konnekt 8 continually fail???

Every month or two my TC konnekt 8 just stops working.

Despite updating my drivers, etc. some days I will sit down to my computer to make music, only to find the devie isnt being detected. I've tried everything this time and it just wont work.whats funny is I was just working on music with the konnekt 8, then I came back to the computer and it simply wont detect my hardware device. I then updated the software once again - still nothing. This happens often & always at a time when I need the device most (very frustrating - very often). Anyone here help?
Tags (1)
DirtyDeeds Contributor - Level 2 2008-09-10

2008-09-10

Why does my Konnekt 8 continually fail???

Every month or two my TC konnekt 8 just stops working.

Despite updating my drivers, etc. some days I will sit down to my computer to make music, only to find the devie isnt being detected. I've tried everything this time and it just wont work.whats funny is I was just working on music with the konnekt 8, then I came back to the computer and it simply wont detect my hardware device. I then updated the software once again - still nothing. This happens often & always at a time when I need the device most (very frustrating - very often). Anyone here help?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Why does my Konnekt 8 continually fail???

I've tried basically everything this time - new/old install drivers - windows service updates.

any advice?

my konnekt 8 sits in the studio in great condition - I dont take it anywhere..

I has just stopped working completely, again..

I click on the TC control panel - it initializes - it then says no devie - searching for devices.

Nothing works.

Any help?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,
Please post your system specs and what version of firmware and TC Near you're using.

JP
Konnekt 24D w/ latest official firmware & drivers HP Compaq nx9420 Laptop Centrino Duo 1.83GHz w/ 2GB RAM & ATI x1600 w/ 256MB RAM running Windows XP SP2 + external OWC Mercury Elite Pro (1394a/USB2 SATA/Oxford 934) DAW: Zynewave Podium Editor: Adobe Audition 3.0 Video: Adobe Premiere CS3
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I have a Dell w/ windows xp sp2

Intel Pentium 4 30ghz / 299ghz 1.50gb ram.

I use the TC Konnekt 8 and have tried to use every version of install software & firmware since it mysteriously stopped working (3rd time in a year). It says Device not connected, no clue whats goin on with it - simply will not work no matter what I do and I've searched many forums to figure it out!

Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

So i decided to take out all my pci cards & switched my firewire card to a different slot - things work fine now Smiley Happy