Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

Windows 10

Contributor - Level 1
I was just wondering if anyone here happened to be using Windows 10 with a t.c. electronic's audio interface? And if anyone has been having any problem with that setup?

I have been in the Windows 10 Technical Preview since it was announced and I have yet to have any major problems… until last night that is. Microsoft just pushed Build 10041 to the “slow” update track and I kept getting blue screens while installing the new build with the error...

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (tcnear.sys)

So I disconnected my desktop konnekt 6 and tried the update again. It went just fine, but now I'm on Build 10041 and every time I plug my desktop konnekt 6 back into the computer I get a blue screen.

I know that t.c. electronic has no reason to support a beta version of Windows but I was just wondering if anyone else here happened to be running the Technical Preview and run into this problem or found a work around for it.
Tags (1)
209 REPLIES 209

Re: Windows 10

Contributor - Level 2
I'm also using the Windows 10 Pro technical preview 10041 at the moment and I've seen similar issues as you. Had a bluescreen once and each time I power on my Studiokonnekt 48 most/all audio-related applications seem to hang until I power off the device again.
I have no solution at the moment.
i7-4790k, 16GB, Win10 64, StudioKonnekt 48 & Konnekt 24D, Exsys - EX 6410 - FireWire-Adapter (TI chipset), Renoise, Reaper, FL Studio, Ardour, Mixbus

Contributor - Level 1
Just a quick update here...

Build 10061 came out, still getting BSOD's with tcnear.sys every time I plug in my desktop konnekt 6.

If your on previous Build of Windows 10 and haven't updated yet or thinking of trying it out, be careful.

Contributor - Level 2
Have the same issue. Tried the legacy drivers for my firewire card but made no difference. Posted on the Facebook page, on twitter and send support a message but heard nothing. Love the Konnekt 6 but it will have to go if this is not fixed soon. I have access to Microsoft people who can help TC fix this, but TC need to step up first.

Contributor - Level 1
Here's a workaround that's been generally OK for me. By the way, the same problem exists with build 10074.

Boot up without the Konnekt6 firewire unplugged.

After booting, open the TC Near interface. It will, of course, show that there is no device.

Minimize the interface.

Plug in the firewire and cross your fingers.

This seems to work for me. You'll know it's working if (a) your computer doesn't crash, and (b) when you open the TC Near interface and it shows the normal operating settings.

Contributor - Level 2
That works for me as well sometimes, but I'm not getting any audio then. Still fine in 8.1 .. PC sees the interface and works as usual, but no audio out the interface and no meters either.

Seems like it's time for a new interface.. Won't be a TC though.. Not really interested in buying from a no support company.

Contributor - Level 2
Tried it with legacy FireWire driver which worked for ASIO, but no WDM.. makes it kind of pointless and it will basically crash on every reboot anyway.. so yes, I'll be getting a new interface..

Contributor - Level 2
I hope the Impact Twin will work on the final version of Windows 10, because there will be no more Windows versions, just bigger system updates, so it's a no-brainer that a new driver should be done.

Contributor - Level 2
Well, 'support' came back to me with an answer. Basically it said 'Too bad' as product is discontinued

Contributor - Level 2
That's bad. Microsoft offers free upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but because of other companies, you cannot use your PC, because they have no support. At least Microsoft is a good guy....
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors