Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X Air 18 is getting very hot

Since i buyed my X18 (around 2016 or 2017) it is getting very very hot. Nearly Hand Burning. I read somewhere it is normal it doesnt have Fans. But now i have a friend who has the same X18...and he say to me his is only getting hand warm. 

So i think to build a Fan in it. But that is not really a solution. What can it be, and why it is getting so hot? It works fine, but iam afraid...

Tags (3)
Synthonie Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-11

2019-06-11

X Air 18 is getting very hot

Since i buyed my X18 (around 2016 or 2017) it is getting very very hot. Nearly Hand Burning. I read somewhere it is normal it doesnt have Fans. But now i have a friend who has the same X18...and he say to me his is only getting hand warm. 

So i think to build a Fan in it. But that is not really a solution. What can it be, and why it is getting so hot? It works fine, but iam afraid...

Contributor - Level 3

Re: X Air 18 is getting very hot

Its just the way it is. My brother in law carries a laptop cooler that he sets his on. Seems to work fairly well. I need to use mine outside in the summer so I am looking at leaving a slow fan blowing in it from the side although I am concerned about blowing dirt and dust into it. Not sure what to do, but I do know it is normal for it ro run hot.