Contributor - Level 1

X Air 18

I have an X Air 18 which I have a problem that I need to try and sort as could get very anoying. I haven't gigged with it yet but am soon. When it is pluged into the pa and you turn the unit on or off it makes a really loud click. This would be terrible if we had the need to reset the unit at a gig as if would deafen the audience as it's turned on and off. Does anyone else have this issue with their X Air 18 or could it be a fault with my unit?

benpayne100 Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-13

2019-10-13

X Air 18

I have an X Air 18 which I have a problem that I need to try and sort as could get very anoying. I haven't gigged with it yet but am soon. When it is pluged into the pa and you turn the unit on or off it makes a really loud click. This would be terrible if we had the need to reset the unit at a gig as if would deafen the audience as it's turned on and off. Does anyone else have this issue with their X Air 18 or could it be a fault with my unit?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X Air 18

Hello Ben ( @benpayne100 ),

My unit is doing exactly the same, as has done most of my equipment. Think about what happens when you switch on +48V on an live channel.

Best practice is always to switch on the amplifier of your speaker as the last device. In case of recycling the mixer, switch of the amplifier, recycle the mixer and switch on the amplifier again. (Or if possible mute the input on your amplifier.)

Cheers Ulf

Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: X Air 18

On the setup/ audio/midi page check off the "Mute outputs on power cycle" box.