Contributor - Level 3

X Air Edit - Need help with FX

Hi,

I just purshased an XAir 18 mixer and I have to say I am a big fan of it! I guess this is a fantastic concept and I am sure I won't use anymore my old mixers.

But there is something I don't understand. I see I can have 4 FX, which is a good start. I know how to activate those one by one or at the same time track by track.

But is there a wayt that FX for track 1 are different than FX for another track? I would like other reverb for other voices, but I always find the same 4 FX with the same settings for all tracks.

Thanks for your help

Labadens Contributor - Level 3 2019-03-18

2019-03-18

X Air Edit - Need help with FX

Hi,

I just purshased an XAir 18 mixer and I have to say I am a big fan of it! I guess this is a fantastic concept and I am sure I won't use anymore my old mixers.

But there is something I don't understand. I see I can have 4 FX, which is a good start. I know how to activate those one by one or at the same time track by track.

But is there a wayt that FX for track 1 are different than FX for another track? I would like other reverb for other voices, but I always find the same 4 FX with the same settings for all tracks.

Thanks for your help

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: X Air Edit - Need help with FX

Hello @Labadens , welcome to the community.

There is a separate Send bus for each of the four FX slots. Each mixer channel has controls for each of these buses so you can adjust how much of the channel is sent to each one. You can see the controls in X Air Edit if you select a channel and open the Sends tab.

You can have four different FX processors active at any time. You could switch to a different set if necessary by using saved Snapshots (like Scenes but they load almost instantly).

Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the prompt reply.

But yes, I understand this and how I can have a different level of my effect from channel one to channel 2.

My question is if I can use for channel 2 another effect than the 4 ones I use in Channel 1 ?

For example

Channel 01

FX1 = vintage Room / FX2 = Hall Reverb/ FX3 = Modulation Delay and FX4 = Stereo Combinator (inserted in Main LR)

Question for Channel 02?

I would like to add a Dimensional Chorus and Stereo DeEsser. Is it possible?

Merci

Super Contributor - Level 2

@Labadens wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

But yes, I understand this and how I can have a different level of my effect from channel one to channel 2.

My question is if I can use for channel 2 another effect than the 4 ones I use in Channel 1 ?

For example

Channel 01

FX1 = vintage Room / FX2 = Hall Reverb/ FX3 = Modulation Delay and FX4 = Stereo Combinator (inserted in Main LR)

Question for Channel 02?

I would like to add a Dimensional Chorus and Stereo DeEsser. Is it possible?

Merci

You cannot have more than four FX processors at one time so all the channels have to share the same ones. One solution is to use combination FX processors - as you have with Modulation Delay - instead of several separate ones. When using inserted FX, the dual versions of some processors allow different settings for each side so one slot can serve two channels. 

It is also possible to get a basic de-esser by using the in-channel compressor with a narrow side-chain filter. 

Contributor - Level 3

NO, you are limited to 4 effects total, you can't have 4 different effects on each channel.

Edit: RexBeckett beat me to it.