Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X-Air Edit PC not working anymore

So around 6~8 months ago the X-Air Edit PC .exe started to slowly not work intermittently and now will not open at all. It seems to be only running as a backround application. I am using v 1.5 and it is the 32-bit version - if there is a 64-bit version I don't know where it could be downloaded from as I get all my DL's from the Music Tribe site. Nothing I do seems to fix this and I would very much like to be able to use this as I have for the last 4+ years. Help please?

VermilionZ3r0 Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-24

2020-03-24

X-Air Edit PC not working anymore

So around 6~8 months ago the X-Air Edit PC .exe started to slowly not work intermittently and now will not open at all. It seems to be only running as a backround application. I am using v 1.5 and it is the 32-bit version - if there is a 64-bit version I don't know where it could be downloaded from as I get all my DL's from the Music Tribe site. Nothing I do seems to fix this and I would very much like to be able to use this as I have for the last 4+ years. Help please?

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X-Air Edit PC not working anymore

Okay I figured it out, my computer came with Nahimic 2 Audio driver installed on it and for some reason it blocks the M/X-Air apps from fully loading in. Just a heads up. I shut the Nahimic app down from my Toolbar and the apps started working just fine. So something in the code or software communication is blocking the Air apps from fully working. Again this is a recent thing, but I feel like it's less on the Music Tribe end and more on the Nahimic app end as I've had issues with it in the past. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I also have the X/M32 Edit PC application and it runs/opens just fine - this only happens with the X-Air Edit PC application.

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Hello @VermilionZ3r0 , welcome to the community.

Try this: Navigate to the folder C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\X-AIR-Edit and delete the file X-AIREdit.init. X-Air Edit will recreate the file when it is started and reinitialise all settings. When you conect to the console, select the option to send mixer settings to the PC.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I did that, but it didn't work - so I deleted the entire folder and uninstalled the drivers for the X-Air as well. Did a fresh reinstall of the drivers and am currently running a complete virus scan as well. Again it's only the X-Air Edit application that won't work. It shows it's running in task manager, but only as a background app.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

It won't even launch in Offline, just loads in background and then.......... nothing. The X32 Edit runs just fine in offline, so I'm not sure if it's something in my Hardware config on my PC or if it's in Windows itself. This is an issue that started cropping up back in September/August so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@VermilionZ3r0 wrote:

It won't even launch in Offline, just loads in background and then.......... nothing. The X32 Edit runs just fine in offline, so I'm not sure if it's something in my Hardware config on my PC or if it's in Windows itself. This is an issue that started cropping up back in September/August so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

@VermilionZ3r0 

This is very strange. As X-Air Edit runs as a standalone program it's hard to see why its behaviour has changed. Try running M-Air Edit from MR18 Downloads. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

M-Air Edit is doing the same thing

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Okay I figured it out, my computer came with Nahimic 2 Audio driver installed on it and for some reason it blocks the M/X-Air apps from fully loading in. Just a heads up. I shut the Nahimic app down from my Toolbar and the apps started working just fine. So something in the code or software communication is blocking the Air apps from fully working. Again this is a recent thing, but I feel like it's less on the Music Tribe end and more on the Nahimic app end as I've had issues with it in the past. 

View solution in original post

Superhero - Level 3

@VermilionZ3r0 wrote:

@VermilionZ3r0 

Good job figuring that out. Thanks for letting us all know about it. Accept your last post as the solution so it can help others who may come searching.