Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

X-Air Live Toolbox

Hi everyone,

I have just released the initial beta version of the X-Air Live Toolbox, based on the X32 Live Toolbox. The first tool available is the Automix interface. It is a direct results of the amazing sleuthing of Dave Meadowcroft.

Please understand that I've never used any automix devices (such as the Dugan) and this is in beta stage. So it needs users to test and provide feedback/suggestions in order to make it a strategic tool for all. Documentation will be forthcoming shortly.

Features
* Ability to send and receive OSC commands to/from the X-Air mixers (XR18, XR16, XR12, X18).
* Provides an extensive list of X-Air OSC commands to choose from.
* First AutoMix interface available.
* Setup of defaults.
* Windows, Linux (32 & 64 bit), OSX, Raspberry Pi, available.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Paul_Vannatto Volunteer Moderator 2015-05-16

2015-05-16

X-Air Live Toolbox

Hi everyone,

I have just released the initial beta version of the X-Air Live Toolbox, based on the X32 Live Toolbox. The first tool available is the Automix interface. It is a direct results of the amazing sleuthing of Dave Meadowcroft.

Please understand that I've never used any automix devices (such as the Dugan) and this is in beta stage. So it needs users to test and provide feedback/suggestions in order to make it a strategic tool for all. Documentation will be forthcoming shortly.

Features
* Ability to send and receive OSC commands to/from the X-Air mixers (XR18, XR16, XR12, X18).
* Provides an extensive list of X-Air OSC commands to choose from.
* First AutoMix interface available.
* Setup of defaults.
* Windows, Linux (32 & 64 bit), OSX, Raspberry Pi, available.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/

Paul

• 0 Kudos
  • 113 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: X-Air Live Toolbox

Thanks for the dedicated, hard work Paul! I will check this out when I get a chance, hope soon.
Contributor - Level 2

Gary Higgins;49638 wrote:
Thanks for the dedicated, hard work Paul! I will check this out when I get a chance, hope soon.

As will I. Hopefully soon.
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks mate bit early days for me using Osc but will get there before Xmas I hope

��
Contributor - Level 2

Congratulations Paul, Ive had a quick look but dont understand exactly what it does at the moment.
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks Phil. I can't explain how automixing (in general) works, since I've never used it. This is where I'm hoping that Abraham and others can help. I can explain what I know at this point about the X-Air implementation of this feature.

X-Air automix
* Automix can be enabled/disabled and locked/unlocked
* Inputs to automix is limited to channels 1-16
* There are 2 automix groups available X and Y
* Each channel can be assigned to OFF, X, Y
* Each channel can be assigned weight value from -24db to +12db
Contributor - Level 2

This Wiki entry may help. I'm still not sure what the lock function is for...
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks Dave. It seems that there have been various ways at providing automix functionality.

I do have a question for those who have used an automix device. Am I correct in understanding that automix usually is a setup once, then let it run unattended workflow? Or is there some tweaking during the event? It makes a difference with the GUI design and underlying code.
Contributor - Level 2

Paul Vannatto;49691 wrote:
Thanks Dave. It seems that there have been various ways at providing automix functionality.

I do have a question for those who have used an automix device. Am I correct in understanding that automix usually is a setup once, then let it run unattended workflow? Or is there some tweaking during the event? It makes a difference with the GUI design and underlying code.

It would be nice to have editibility, mainly which group and what priority. I will post with a better description when I have some more time.
Contributor - Level 2

Abraham Ray;49693 wrote:
It would be nice to have editibility, mainly which group and what priority. I will post with a better description when I have some more time.

But at the same time if the event is organized properly and things don't change too much it can be set it and forget it.
    Go to page