Contributor - Level 2

X Air / M Air crash on IpadOS / iOS 13

My Ipad mini 4 crash with x air when i open the input config of any channel.
This happend after upgrade to IpasOS 13.2 from iOS12.

Allready tryed to redownload app, restore default config of Ipad, clear config etc...

Please need help from support or update de app from App Store.

Regards!

pepobaumann Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-30

2019-10-30

X Air / M Air crash on IpadOS / iOS 13

My Ipad mini 4 crash with x air when i open the input config of any channel.
This happend after upgrade to IpasOS 13.2 from iOS12.

Allready tryed to redownload app, restore default config of Ipad, clear config etc...

Please need help from support or update de app from App Store.

Regards!

• 0 Kudos
  • 71 Replies
Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Re: X Air / M Air crash on IpadOS / iOS 13

Hi @pepobaumann 

**Updating my original post. There seems to be an issue with M-AIR/X-AIR on iPadOS 13.2. I'm experiencing the same issue as described here. Please don't update.** 

Please understand that iPad OS 13.2 came out two days ago. It's always a best practice never to update OS if the device is working correctly as is. You'll see many tech companies offering similar disclaimers - Avid, Waves, etc. 

Try quitting the application (double clicking Home button and swipe up) and turning the iPad Off/On. I'll do some testing on my end, since I just upgraded my personal iPad to 13.2 today and see if I have any connectivity/control issues with an MR18. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I downgraded to iOS / IpadOS 13.1.3 from iTunes and everything seems to work for now
Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Glad that worked! @pepobaumann 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

The "X Air" app crashes for me too, on ios 13.2.

The good news is...

The "Mixing Station" app still works on my iPad pro on ios 13.2
In many ways, the Mixing station app is better, so I can live without the X Air app for now.
I use it to controll my X-Air XR18.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I'm getting the crash as well on 13.2 when trying to open an input.  My company controls which version of the OS my iPad is on, so I don't have a ton of choice.  Also, I didn't even consider that it would stop working with an OS update because it has always worked fine.  

Any news on making it compatible with 13.2?  In the meantime I'll see about getting a rollback configured for my iPad.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Has anyone tried it on 13.2.2 to see if it works now that Apple fixed some things with their 13.2 release?  I don't want to pull the trigger again now that I did a revert to 13.1.3 and had to reconfigure the entire thing.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Ios 13.2.2 has the same problem.

Also ios 13.3 beta has the same problem.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Same problem here. I'm super alarmed.  I just looked at the App store page and it seems like this software hasn't gotten an update in 2 years.  Did I just buy an expensive mixer that's no longer being actively supported?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

How did you downgrade? I'm on 13.2 and ran a restore from before my update and it didn't seem to work.

Go to page