pepobaumann Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-30

2019-10-30

X Air / M Air crash on IpadOS / iOS 13

My Ipad mini 4 crash with x air when i open the input config of any channel.
This happend after upgrade to IpasOS 13.2 from iOS12.

Allready tryed to redownload app, restore default config of Ipad, clear config etc...

Please need help from support or update de app from App Store.

Regards!

• 0 Kudos
  • 60 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X Air / M Air crash on IpadOS / iOS 13

Any news on a fix on your end? No luck here 

Contributor - Level 2

Hey there how do I revert back so I can use my iPad on this issue? Thanks 

Contributor - Level 3

New IOS 12.2.3 is out !!! Nothing has changed and the application is still not working. Behringer fix it!  

(view in My Videos)

Contributor - Level 2

Dear manufacturer, dear support team,
We don't need to talk about how ingenious the XAir mixer is (in my case the xr18 after the xr16), because this is well known in musician circles.
What we have to talk about is the way the problem is dealt with.
I've already done a lot of research to find a solution for the crashes of the XAir app, many ideas (don't update, switch to another app, ...) already show the desperation your support policy leads to. Because you haven't given a reliable answer to the problem - let alone a solution.

Quo vadis, Behringer? Do you really want to completely alienate the many satisfied users of the XAir series?
I'm far away from beeing happy with the current problem, because for me as a musician, the mixer and the mixing app are part of the equipment I need. And last but not least, you also advertise the mixer with an iPad connection - so for me, a sensible update policy is part of the product. And as a professional programmer I can add that the current situation throws a really bad light on your software department.

Get out of the cover and finally take a stand on the problem, but also on the solution. The solution still needs a little time? Then at least give us a time horizon so that we know how much time we have to live with this untenable situation.

Contributor - Level 3

Behringer does not seem to cite these positives at all where his problems related to their application not working appear.

Contributor - Level 2

But these advantages are there - it was almost revolutionary to bring a digital mixer to market at a reasonable price; and I'm still not a 'pro' when it comes to all the possibilities of the device.
It's important to me that the manufacturer understands that it's not another moaning comment.
But to reiterate my annoyance with Behringer - if I use an iPad app as a selling point (they have done so in the past and still do), then you have to take care of continuous development. This includes taking customer support seriously.
And finally, one can also assume that some of us have to earn our rent with this device.

Contributor - Level 1

I installed IOS 13.3.3 this morning on my iPad Air and found that Xair edit still crashes when trying to configure input. Maybe the next release will fix it.

Contributor - Level 1

Sorry I meant 13.2.3

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I just bought a XR18 digital mixer on last friday and, I was so sad to realize that the X Air app crashes on my iPad Pro under iPadOS 13.2.x. So, l'm not able to configure my brand new mixer...

Behringer, please fix this...so I could finally use my XR18.

Volunteer Moderator

@Torpidlittle wrote:

I just bought a XR18 digital mixer on last friday and, I was so sad to realize that the X Air app crashes on my iPad Pro under iPadOS 13.2.x. So, l'm not able to configure my brand new mixer...

Behringer, please fix this...so I could finally use my XR18.

If you download and start using Mixing Station, you will be ready to go in minutes.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!