Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X Air as a sub-mixer

I have seen a previous post about adding AES50 to the X Air so it can also operate as a digital snake. I have a different take on that of using the X Air as a sub-mixer and use an added AES50 connection to feen the resulting stereo pair to the host X32. This would keep the audio in the digital form and avoid the D-to-A and A-to-D conversions of using audio connection.
JohnSchultz Contributor - Level 1 2018-07-28

2018-07-28

X Air as a sub-mixer

I have seen a previous post about adding AES50 to the X Air so it can also operate as a digital snake. I have a different take on that of using the X Air as a sub-mixer and use an added AES50 connection to feen the resulting stereo pair to the host X32. This would keep the audio in the digital form and avoid the D-to-A and A-to-D conversions of using audio connection.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X Air as a sub-mixer

But surely you don't need the complications of AES50 just to send a digital stereo feed out of the mixer. A normal AES EBU port would be fine.
Contributor - Level 1

John Schultz;149853 wrote:

Do you recall the post, Did they actually get this done?
Volunteer Moderator

Matt Krotzer;149964 wrote:
Do you recall the post, Did they actually get this done?

I have read nearly every post since December 2012 and there has never been such a post mentioning this possibility for the X-Air consoles. There have been numerous requests for it. But the answer has always been that it is not possible.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

An ULTRANET input on the FOH console could make this work, without any modification to the X-Air at all.

But then we're back to this problem:
https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?22481-Use-an-XR18-as-a-stage-box-for-an-X32-via-Ultranet

[/URL]