Contributor - Level 1

X Air edit Windows 10 freeze

Hello
Yesterday during the reharsal, the xairedit.exe program crashed the PC, which has been running smoothly for years.
Loss of control of the mix obviously ...
After various connection problems, I really do not trust this device, which could let us go during a concert.
Smiley Sad
Details (in french)
Nom de l’application défaillante X-AIR-Edit.exe, version : 1.5.0.0, horodatage : 0x58920021
Nom du module défaillant : X-AIR-Edit.exe, version : 1.5.0.0, horodatage : 0x58920021
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0022fe29
ID du processus défaillant : 0x185c
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d39c4194988e88
PhilippeHelard Contributor - Level 1 2018-02-03

2018-02-03

X Air edit Windows 10 freeze

Hello
Yesterday during the reharsal, the xairedit.exe program crashed the PC, which has been running smoothly for years.
Loss of control of the mix obviously ...
After various connection problems, I really do not trust this device, which could let us go during a concert.
Smiley Sad
Details (in french)
Nom de l’application défaillante X-AIR-Edit.exe, version : 1.5.0.0, horodatage : 0x58920021
Nom du module défaillant : X-AIR-Edit.exe, version : 1.5.0.0, horodatage : 0x58920021
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0022fe29
ID du processus défaillant : 0x185c
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d39c4194988e88

• 0 Kudos
  • 11 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X Air edit Windows 10 freeze

Hi Philippe,

Welcome to the forum. I don't think it is necessarily the app that is at fault. I use the X-Air Edit (as well as the X32 Edit) on my Windows laptop regularly since it was first released and have not experienced this (crashing Windows). I would suggest you do a registry cleaning and other normal Windows maintenance routine. Download the app once again and give it another try.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

air edit freeze, windows 10

experiencing same issue. XR18
X-air edit V1.5 Firmware 1.16 pc windows 10, driver 4.11

if i run air edit itself for live sound no issues, but if i try playing backing tracks with tracktion 7 or even windows media player playing an mp3 file, edit pc will freeze then lose connection.

this is leading me to believe the issue is in the driver. Any ideas? we will figure this out.

p.s. ethernet connection
Contributor - Level 2

Anthony Floyd;139960 wrote:
experiencing same issue. XR18
X-air edit V1.5 Firmware 1.16 pc windows 10, driver 4.11

if i run air edit itself for live sound no issues, but if i try playing backing tracks with tracktion 7 or even windows media player playing an mp3 file, edit pc will freeze then lose connection.

this is leading me to believe the issue is in the driver. Any ideas? we will figure this out.

p.s. ethernet connection

How are you playing back?
1. Over headphone socket? doubtful if you think its the driver
2. Usb playback to the xair as a sound device? Well this is more likely but the xair edit isnt used for this, its an external.
Whats the usb connection? 2 or 3. could play with the transfer rate, might be trying to send it higher than its able.
I dont see why the xair edit is crashing, that would be seperate software than any playback
Contributor - Level 2

air edit freeze, windows 10

backing tracks are being played USB return to xair from tracktion 7 or windows media player. Within a couple minutes xair edit will freeze up then lose connection. If i run any of this software separately no issue. once they are talking together the trouble starts.
Don't know if this means anything but i'm hooked to xr18 with Ethernet but last night i hooked up wireless with access point and everything worked for hours. As a TEST went back to Ethernet within 5 minutes locked up.
Not giving up on xr18. This mixer has blown my mind how awesome this thing is.
( maybe a bad usb cable, see how crazy my brain is going now.)
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Anthony,

If it works fine on wireless, but not with the ethernet cable, I would suspect the ethernet cable (yes they do go bad). Make sure the clips are good and snap into the ethernet port (or just replace it with a new one).
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Anthony,

I'm reaching here but this may be yet another program interfering with network communication. Based on what you are saying you have your laptop and mixer on an isolated network. Who's doing DHCP? Make sure you don't set a gateway in this type of setup otherwise various programs will try to reach the internet using the preferred connection which is wired Ethernet.

Whatever you do, don't set your mixer nor your laptop IP address as the gateway on an isolated network.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
That's great quote.

Left the XR18 connected for ten hours today. Walked in the house to music playing. Was running Access Point wireless pc to XR. No lock up issue.
No doubt issue is Ethernet connection.
Paul is probably right with cable issue. I'd be embarrassed and happy at the same time. I'll admit it after i test the cable.
To be cont....
Rising Star - Level 3

Anthony Floyd;140124 wrote:
That's great quote.

It's even better when you see what Ivan does for a day job.

He's chief engineer here: https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/

Left the XR18 connected for ten hours today. Walked in the house to music playing. Was running Access Point wireless pc to XR. No lock up issue.
No doubt issue is Ethernet connection.
Paul is probably right with cable issue. I'd be embarrassed and happy at the same time. I'll admit it after i test the cable.
To be cont....

Hopefully it's as simple as that.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Ken
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

ethernet freeze up on xr18

something about the Ethernet my XR18 doesn't like.
Laptop running PC edit and tracktion 7 to play back some tracks and record.

When running it hooked wireless to xr18 Access Point and usb cable connected for playback and recording i have no issues at all. I can record into tracktion and play back tracks for hours.

With Ethernet connection same setup, within 5 minutes tracktion and pc edit will freeze. While frozen mixer will lose connection. Before it disconnects i can control sliders only. No buttons.

Here are some clues. Once it freezes if i disconnect the USB cable the XR18 will stay connected, plug usb cable back in and continues to work until it freezes again. This cable works perfectly in wireless mode. cat5 was replaced with new cable. Really thankful for your help.