RobertDuncan Contributor - Level 2 2019-02-04

2019-02-04

X-Edit won't launch in Windows 10

Greetings all!

I've managed to get Xedit to work on iOS and Mac, but I really need it on my PC. The driver seems to have installed properly, and I can see the app in my task manager, but the window for Xedit never appears. Here's a list of things I've done:

1. Updated the Group Properties and ran the GPUpdate.exe
2. Installed the v4.28.0 driver (x18_32x32 file)
3. Restarted my machine
4. Installed the Xedit to my desktop
5. Connected to the XR18 WIFI in access point mode
6. Tried to launch the Xedit app to no avail.

When I look at the task manager, the Xedit app is listed as 32-bit.

Please help if there's a patch I've missed or additional permissions you think I need to change.

Thanks,
Rob

MSI GS63
Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU 2.8GHz
32 Gb RAM
Windows 10 pro v1083
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

• 0 Kudos
  • 31 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: X-Edit won't launch in Windows 10

One more thought: Run Performance Monitor, right-click on the X-Air-Edit.exe process and choose Analyze Wait Chain.... It just might show if something is stuck.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have an other Windows PC available to check if it works there?
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have another pc or laptop to try running the app on, it sounds to me like your system is missing some development extensions that are basic to a Windows install that are not allowing the XAir Edit app to run correctly also some viruses will effect the way exe files are handled try installing something else that may have an exe file and see if you get a similar effect. This is quite odd I’ve installed the XAir Edit app on several system with no issues!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Responding to comments in turn:

Anthonie - I ran the Performance Monitor and used the Analyze Wait Chain tool. The X-AIR-Edit.exe is running normally.

Rex and Gerald - I have installed Xedit on my desktop PC and everything works. Unfortunately, I really need this to work on my laptop. I listed the specs previously, but it's a new machine with hardly anything on it. It's not my main computer so, I can't imagine being infected by a virus so easily. There are only a few apps on the computer. I have Norton installed (not that it's any guarantee of course).

MS Office
Norton
Visual Studio
Unity
Cubase
SparkoCam - screen capture software (not enabled)
OBS Studio - screen capture software (not enabled)
Sourcetree - Version control software

Rob
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I'm happy to report some progress on this front! I went into the task manager and ruthlessly ended any background process that wasn't obviously essential. X-AIR-Edit launched!!!

If/when I identify the offending application, I'll be sure to post.

Thanks everyone for their persistence!
Rob
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Robert Duncan;160106 wrote:
Responding to comments in turn:

Anthonie - I ran the Performance Monitor and used the Analyze Wait Chain tool. The X-AIR-Edit.exe is running normally.

Rex and Gerald - I have installed Xedit on my desktop PC and everything works. Unfortunately, I really need this to work on my laptop. I listed the specs previously, but it's a new machine with hardly anything on it. It's not my main computer so, I can't imagine being infected by a virus so easily. There are only a few apps on the computer. I have Norton installed (not that it's any guarantee of course).

MS Office
Norton
Visual Studio
Unity
Cubase
SparkoCam - screen capture software (not enabled)
OBS Studio - screen capture software (not enabled)
Sourcetree - Version control software

Rob

Hi Rob,

Just as an experiment, try turning off hardware acceleration on the GTX 1070 and see if that makes a difference. I'm not sure exactly how you do that on your laptop but Google should be able to help.

Curious to see if something with the GPU is keeping the GUI from coming up. I think Behringer is using a 3rd party GUI framework called JUCE.

Possibly see if you have the latest GPU drivers as well?

Fingers crossed,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

And the winner is....

Nahimic VR (32 bit)
It appears to be an audio app for VR that is bundled with the MSI GS63VR machines.

https://www.msi.com/blog/Lets-talk-about-msi-nahimic2-and-nahimic-vr

I hope this helps the team diagnose future issues.

Rob
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Robert Duncan;160124 wrote:
And the winner is....

Nahimic VR (32 bit)
It appears to be an audio app for VR that is bundled with the MSI GS63VR machines.

https://www.msi.com/blog/Lets-talk-about-msi-nahimic2-and-nahimic-vr

I hope this helps the team diagnose future issues.

Rob

Bloatware strikes again!

Congrats Rob on the great detective work.

(and my apologies to NVidia and Juce for suspecting them).

Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I highly suspect that Norton’s is your issue, back in the day Nortons was really good but it has turned into a bloatware piece of garbage that realy slows down your system! Uninstall it and just use Window Defender I’ll bet your issue will be fixed!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I realize that you use SourceTree... I just installed it, and now my code Beautifyer does not go fullscreen anymore.  Other programs (in java) still work fine.

But also, I was forced to accept an update from windows this morning ...  

With previous computer, I had an automatic updater for the graphics card that caused me all sorts of problems with my multiple screens.  I am inclined to refuse all updates when I can.

I am currently looking at this forum because I want to see what kind of software problems exists with the Xr- MR 18.

This link  proposes a driver Talent (driver update/checking program)  that has led me to believe that it may be a driver problem.  I am far from suggesting the use of that program though.

M

ps I will be de-installing, restoring etc... If I fix my problem, I will update.