Volunteer Moderator

X-Live Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

It's time for a new product release! Please report any reproducable problems about specific X-Live related issues here.

Please list the steps to reproduce an issue. Don't forget to list the technical info and setup useful to reproduce the issue.

Problems may or may not be officially acknowledged, however all reported bugs will be looked at.

It is important to keep this bug tracking thread as clean as possible so posts that deviate too much from the intention of this thread may be moved/deleted without any notice from the moderators to keep it as clean as possible.

You are encouraged to keep extended discussions of some specific issue to a separate thread in the troubleshooting section of this forum and just include a link to that discussion in this thread.

Enjoy!
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Tags (1)
Roblof Volunteer Moderator 2018-01-03

2018-01-03

X-Live Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

It's time for a new product release! Please report any reproducable problems about specific X-Live related issues here.

Please list the steps to reproduce an issue. Don't forget to list the technical info and setup useful to reproduce the issue.

Problems may or may not be officially acknowledged, however all reported bugs will be looked at.

It is important to keep this bug tracking thread as clean as possible so posts that deviate too much from the intention of this thread may be moved/deleted without any notice from the moderators to keep it as clean as possible.

You are encouraged to keep extended discussions of some specific issue to a separate thread in the troubleshooting section of this forum and just include a link to that discussion in this thread.

Enjoy!

• 0 Kudos
  • 74 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: X-Live Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

Robert Lofgren;137935 wrote:

I think it would be interesting Behringer reports the known bugs here as well, and the ones that will be addressed, so we don't chase or speculate after known issues.

-Patrick
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Naming conventions

After my second day of fiddling around with the X-Live I can see what my main issue is going to be. Each multitrack recording is saved to a folder on the SD card. The wave file for that session is saved inside that folder. The Folder names are unique and are based on the date and time (I am told). The wave files however get named 00000001.WAV, 00000002.WAV etc. (based on how many 4gig files make up the entire recording).

This means that very soon I will have a hard drive filled with .WAV files with identical names, a very bad situation. In addition, in every one of those files the tracks are simply numbered 1-32 with no information about the track identification stored, also identically.

This is going to be the cards biggest pain.
P.W. Fenton Hudson, Florida
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I think that you are expecting a bit much of the processing available on the X-Live card. However others, including Patrick, are already working on apps to help manage the X-Live files.

https://forum.musictri.be/showthread.php?20769-X-Live-Python-scripts&p=138781#post138781

There are already apps available from SD Card recorder manufacturers such as Cymatic and Sound Devices.

https://www.sounddevices.com/products/accessories/software/wave-agent
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X-live won't see AES50 inputs

Hey Guys

I have my new X-live Card in an X-32 compact. All Firmware updates are complete. The card will track local inputs but will not see AES50. I'm following all the instructions in the user manual and have gone through Drew Brashlers (last name spelled wrong) blog and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Please help I'm hoping to do virtual sound checks on my next tour with Intervals we leave in three days!!!!
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Chase,

Welcome to the forum.

You assign the signals to the Card out (recording to DAW) in the Routing, Card Output screen. So that should be assigned to the desired AES50 inputs (banks of 8)

The Routing, Input screen now has 2 sets of assignments, determined by the Record/Playback radio buttons. These modes assigns inputs (banks of 8) to the available list for the channel sources. The Record mode does not assign the signals to the Card out (to DAW). It is simply a toggle for the channel inputs.

For example, normally the console will mix FOH from inputs coming from the AES50-A (for example). On the Routing, Inputs screen, assign the Recording mode to the AES50 inputs (1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32). Switching to playback mode, assign the inputs to the Card 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32.

For virtual soundcheck, switch to playback mode and play from the X-Live recording. The channel sources will switch to these inputs. When the virtual soundcheck is completed, switch to Recording mode and the channel sources will switch to the AES50-A inputs.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

P.W. Fenton;138679 wrote:
After my second day of fiddling around with the X-Live I can see what my main issue is going to be. Each multitrack recording is saved to a folder on the SD card. The wave file for that session is saved inside that folder. The Folder names are unique and are based on the date and time (I am told). The wave files however get named 00000001.WAV, 00000002.WAV etc. (based on how many 4gig files make up the entire recording).

This means that very soon I will have a hard drive filled with .WAV files with identical names, a very bad situation. In addition, in every one of those files the tracks are simply numbered 1-32 with no information about the track identification stored, also identically.

This is going to be the cards biggest pain.

I agree I have a dozen or more files now and I need to listen to each one to find the one I want at least a way to rename the file would be great.

Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Missing Navigation through recordings

While I appreciate the ability to add markers to recordings, it's often likely that our sound guy will have too much going on to remember to add markers. Playing back several hours to get to a certain portion of a gig is not at all user-friendly. It would be great if the playback portion of the X-LIVE had the ability to fast-forward and rewind independent of any markers.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X-Live Mirrored Routing

The Question: Is there now OR could there be, a check box option to always mirror the input routing to the recording routing? Live shows can be hectic. That would be one less thing to remember and that can go wrong. If alternate routing is required , uncheck the box and change routing as required.

The Story: Used an SD8 for my downstage inputs (all the instruments). Routed inputs, forgot to change recording routing. I now have an unintended a cappella recording. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey Greg, I hear you. I was beta testing the X-Live last October while doing sound for the county fair mainstage and didn't have time to double check the routing to the card, because of the demands of quick changing between performers. I ended up recording 16 blank tracks (of 2 hours) of an award winning bluegrass group.

It sure would be nice to have it mirror the input routing. But I'm not sure if it is feasible, due to the fact that the X-Live card DSP is separate to the X32 DSP. It maybe possible to setup a Live Toolbox tidbit to store the input config and apply it to the X-Live. When I get a moment, I'll see if I can make it work.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
    Go to page