Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X-Touch Compact Faders Moving Back to 0

Hi All,

Hoping that a kind soul can help to prevent me tearing any more hair out of my head...

I'm trying to use my X-Touch Compact to simply control very basic MIDI CC parameters with the faders.

The problem is: If I don't physically hold the faders up at the value I want them to sit at, the motors slam them back down to 0 (not unity gain but the very lowest position). For instance, I want to open my CC1 up to max value and keep it there and be able to move other parameters without the damn thing moving on its own. In other words, I want each fader to stay put once I've moved it to where I want it to be. How can I accomplish this?

I'm using Cubase Pro 10 on Windows 10. The salt is rising, please help. 

-R

RobZahnBass Contributor - Level 1 2019-04-28

2019-04-28

X-Touch Compact Faders Moving Back to 0

Hi All,

Hoping that a kind soul can help to prevent me tearing any more hair out of my head...

I'm trying to use my X-Touch Compact to simply control very basic MIDI CC parameters with the faders.

The problem is: If I don't physically hold the faders up at the value I want them to sit at, the motors slam them back down to 0 (not unity gain but the very lowest position). For instance, I want to open my CC1 up to max value and keep it there and be able to move other parameters without the damn thing moving on its own. In other words, I want each fader to stay put once I've moved it to where I want it to be. How can I accomplish this?

I'm using Cubase Pro 10 on Windows 10. The salt is rising, please help. 

-R

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 1

Re: X-Touch Compact Faders Moving Back to 0

EDIT: 

After some more trial and error, I've managed to solve the issue by turning all of the Fader Touch parameters to "Off." 

Go figure. I read somewhere that Fader Touch can't be turned off but indeed it can. Simply switch the Channel from an assigned number to Off and viola, no more twitchy nonsense when I'm trying to record CC moves. They stay where I want them - what a concept!

Volunteer Moderator

Re: X-Touch Compact Faders Moving Back to 0

You usually don’t want to disable fader touch for many reasons.

I recommend that you read up on touch automation and the different fill modes.

Check out this video

https://youtu.be/HEGrTNGLIQY
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!