Contributor - Level 1

X-UF USB2.0 Driver with Windows 10

This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum so sorry if I get the etiquette wrong. I have had an X-32 Compact for about 18 months and have set up and recorded to both Vista and Windows 7 (64) PCs without any trouble. I'm now trying to do the same with a Windows 10 tablet. I'm using Driver v6.13.0.0 and it seems to be installing X-UF USB2.0 OK until it says 'Please disconnect and reconnect the device you wish to install and turn it on'. I do this, the USB pings so is apparently recognised but the message keeps returning and the installation doesn't finish. Can anyone please tell me what I may be doing wrong.?
Thanks
Tags (1)
RichardMann Contributor - Level 1 05-08-2016

05-08-2016

X-UF USB2.0 Driver with Windows 10

This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum so sorry if I get the etiquette wrong. I have had an X-32 Compact for about 18 months and have set up and recorded to both Vista and Windows 7 (64) PCs without any trouble. I'm now trying to do the same with a Windows 10 tablet. I'm using Driver v6.13.0.0 and it seems to be installing X-UF USB2.0 OK until it says 'Please disconnect and reconnect the device you wish to install and turn it on'. I do this, the USB pings so is apparently recognised but the message keeps returning and the installation doesn't finish. Can anyone please tell me what I may be doing wrong.?
Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X-UF USB2.0 Driver with Windows 10

The x32-compact was not shipped with the x-uf (usb/firewire) as far as I know.

If you have the x-usb card (usb only) then please download the correct driver for this card. You may also want to update the x-usb card firmware at the same time if it isn't on the latest.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X-UF USB with Windows 10

Robert Lofgren;75755 wrote:
The x32-compact was not shipped with the x-uf (usb/firewire) as far as I know.

If you have the x-usb card (usb only) then please download the correct driver for this card. You may also want to update the x-usb card firmware at the same time if it isn't on the latest.

Thank you for your response, Robert. The trouble I have is in not knowing what the correct drivers are. I have downloaded X-UF USB Driver 6.13 and also X-USB Card PC Driver 2.23.

X-UF USB Control Panel opens OK but cannot see any connected devices. When I run Setup Wizard under X-USB 2.23 it gets so far then stops and tell me to disconnect and reconnect the device I want to install. I do this and it just keeps repeating the same instruction. I don't know where to go next.

Regards, Richard
Triber Moderator

You will likely need the X-USB Drivers (V2.23), not the X-UF driver. Also, have you tried using a different USB port on your computer to install the driver and see if that works? Remember, not all USB ports are created equal on Windows PCs.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 3

XUF in X32 Compact

Just for general info, my X32 compact was purchased in December 2013 from Full Compass in the US. It came from the factory with the XUF card installed.

M
Volunteer Moderator

Mario Vano;158216 wrote:
Just for general info, my X32 compact was purchased in December 2013 from Full Compass in the US. It came from the factory with the XUF card installed.

You probably got one of the very few that did Mario. The Compact, Rack and Core were shipped around the same time (fall 2013). I got my first Rack end of Oct 2013 and it came with the X-USB.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator