Contributor - Level 1

X air 18 noise from the phones output

There is a terrible interference noise coming from my x18 headphone output. I've tried different firmware and different headphones and the crackling keeps going. With a higher input level you can hear the music but the hiss stays in the background and comes right back if you lower the levels. Anybody with the same problem or with some sort of idea what should be done next?
HugoUusi-Mikkol Contributor - Level 1 2017-07-24

2017-07-24

X air 18 noise from the phones output

There is a terrible interference noise coming from my x18 headphone output. I've tried different firmware and different headphones and the crackling keeps going. With a higher input level you can hear the music but the hiss stays in the background and comes right back if you lower the levels. Anybody with the same problem or with some sort of idea what should be done next?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X air 18 noise from the phones output

On the Monitor settings page of Setup in the X-Air Edit app what do you have selected as your Monitor source? Is the noise still there if you select Off as the source? Presumably the level goes up and down as you turn the Monitor volume pot on the front of the X Air mixer.