SimoneGiusti Contributor - Level 3 2018-02-24

2018-02-24

X-live stopped working

Hello,
this is what happened.

I installed X-live board, updated firmware to build 11 and x32 firmware to 3.08. Driver build is 4.11.

During live shows we usually stream some channels through usb connected PC (Show Cue System and Cantabile softwares).

Everything worked well for first 2 concerts but yesterday X-live stopped working without any advice. Softwares could see board and continued streaming audio but no sound was received from X32 as board was muted !

We rebooted softwares, unplug and reconnect cables, rebooted pc but the only way has been to switch X32 off and on.

This was really a bad moment and we would like to investigate this issue since we would like to avoid to happen again !!

Any similar experiences ???

Thanks.

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X-live stopped working

Hi Simone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There is a good chance that driver (4.11) was posted by mistake. Use the 4.38 driver found on the X-Live product download page (http://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Accessories/X-LIVE/p/P0AWR/downloads). When I get home, I'll check the driver that I have installed.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

HI Simone,

I checked my laptop when I got home and discovered I also had 4.11 driver. So I installed the 4.38 driver and it seemed to have solved a problem I had Saturday night. VLC would crash if I tried to play break music through the X-Live USB port (I ended up using a USB stick). It seems to be working fine now. Give it a try to see if it solves your problem.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,
this is what I did

1) use a power stabilizer
2) update usb driver to latest version

Anyway sometimes these failures occur ...

a) no sound from usb in (X32 reboot required)
b) distorted sound from usb in (X32 reboot required)

This is unacceptable for live activity so I am considering to replace X-live with old usb interface (no problems for years)

Since nobody seems to have same trouble I guess my x-live board is defected. How can I access Support for replacement ??

Thanks.

Jan Duwe;142009 wrote:
Dear Simone,
Have you ever been able to trigger that error condition again? Is it possible that there was a strong electrostatic discharge hitting the USB connection, when it stopped receiving audio from X-LIVE?
As Robert said, if this error ever occurs again, could you try to just toggle the console sample rate, instead of rebooting the entire console?
Feel free to send me a pm, if you need any specific advice, or if you wish to share details about your setup.

Best regards,
Jan
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Probably best to PM Jan Duwe since he is already across this thread. Or alternatively either return it under warrantee to where you bought it from or reach out to Behringer CARE as in Paul's signature above.