Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X-touch compact and Logic Pro x

Hi I have just purchased the c touch compact and connected it to my Mac and Logic Pro x. It is working as a midi device but logic does not recognise it as a control surface

moebags Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-13

2020-02-13

X-touch compact and Logic Pro x

Hi I have just purchased the c touch compact and connected it to my Mac and Logic Pro x. It is working as a midi device but logic does not recognise it as a control surface

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X-touch compact and Logic Pro x

Meant to read as x touch

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@moebags 

Have you tried the X-touch compact in MC mode? Logic is pretty good at setting up the control surfaces?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi yep it is currently in mc mode but still not being recognized

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@moebags 

Have you tried Logic Pro X: Control Surfaces : Rebuild Defaults or  Logic Pro X: Control Surfaces : Setup and then delete the icon for the X-Touch?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Tried that but no joy. There's no icon for the x touch in the setup screen

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@moebags While the X-touch is connected to your mac, hold the "option" key while opening the Apple menu (). Select "System Information...". Look under Hardware—USB. There should be a X-touch entry. If there isn't, then it's a hardware problem. 

Does it show up there?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi yep it's listed ok

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@moebags 

I didn't think there was a driver for this. I only have the X-Touch and Extender. 

If go to Logic Pro X: Control Surfaces : Setup and Rescan or Install a new profile. I thought it was detected as a Mackie Control. 

Does behringer's video's help? https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Desktop-Controllers/X-TOUCH-COMPACT/p/... 

I'm sorry I'm not much help.