Highlighted

X1204 USB Main Mix not going to computer

Contributor - Level 2

DAW: Audacity/Tracktion 7

Model: XENYX X1204USB

Before you ask, yes. I know how the 2TR/USB buttons work and which ones should be down and up, and yes, the main mix volume is turned up sufficiently. 

I've been using this mixer for a year and a half now. Haven't had any issues until today. Have recorded over 50 episodes of various podcasts on this thing. The USB Main Mix is not going to the computer. It's registering that it's plugged in (USB AUDIO Codec is visible and selectable) , I can select it in the DAWs I use. But, there is no sound registering in the DAWs input. Dead silent. So, after scour the internet and not finding a solution, I've decided to say screw it and use the mixer on analog with a cheaper USB interface, or a USB sound if nobody can help me out with a possible solution. If that is the case, what would be the best option? Should I run the 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: X1204 USB Main Mix not going to computer

Contributor - Level 2

Of course, I hit the post button by mistake before I was finished. Should I run it through the mains into a sound card? If so, the mains are xlr so what adapters would I need? 

If I use a cheaper interface, how should I go about that? L R 1/4 inch to single 1/4 cable?

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi Jess ( @Fatlulzradio ),

Welcome to the community.  Check the privacy settings on your Microphone.  "Microphone" is a general term being used for anything that might be able to listen in on you.  (i.e. any audio input)

Go to Settings->Privacy, click on Microphone on the left-hand side, and make sure Microphone access is On and you have granted access to your DAW. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Contributor - Level 2

Everything is all open for each of my DAWS. I have no problem getting other stuff to register like my gaming headset, my Bluetooth adapter, etc.

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi Jess,

OK. Back to your original question.  You could connect the XLR outputs to something like a UMC202HD but that interface has features that you probably don't need at a cost you may not want to pay.  What bitrate and depth are you using for your podcast?  If you only need 16-bit/44.1K you could come out the control room outputs into a UCA222 using TRS-to-RCA cables.  You'd want to keep those leads short since you're going balanced to unbalanced with this connection. 

If you need 24-bit depth or 48K or higher sample rate, the 202HD is the best option but it's nearly 3x the cost. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver