Highlighted

X1222USB separate track for each mic input

Contributor - Level 2
Hello:

I had been using the UMC404HD and got an upgrade to the 1222USB for xmas, as this one 6 mic inputs as opposed to the 404HD's 4 mic inputs.

I use Reaper and am having problems getting 5 seperate tracks for the mics.. what steps do I need to take to do this? I have used ASIO in the past and am using the ASIO4All driver.

Thanks.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: X1222USB separate track for each mic input

Contributor - Level 2
Thadd Scott;157678 wrote:
Hello:

I had been using the UMC404HD and got an upgrade to the 1222USB for xmas, as this one 6 mic inputs as opposed to the 404HD's 4 mic inputs.

I use Reaper and am having problems getting 5 seperate tracks for the mics.. what steps do I need to take to do this? I have used ASIO in the past and am using the ASIO4All driver.

Thanks.

You can't get 5 separate tracks via USB. The 1222USB is only stereo in and stereo out for its USB capability.

Contributor - Level 2
[HTML][/HTML]
Mark Farrell;157683 wrote:
You can't get 5 separate tracks via USB. The 1222USB is only stereo in and stereo out for its USB capability.

I can get 4 separate tracks form the UMC404HD, it’s. USB. Why wouldn’t I be able to get 6 from the x1222usb? What sense would that make not to be able to get separate tracks.

Edit: So I see that buried in the description that this doesn’t support 6 mics. What can I buy for around the same
Price that will give me 6 mic inputs that will record on 6 different channels?

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Thadd,

I wouldn't call it "buried". It is the 6th bullet on the product page. The only interface that I see that comes close to that price that provides multi-track capability is the UMC1820
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Triber Moderator
Thadd Scott;157712 wrote:

I can get 4 separate tracks form the UMC404HD, it’s. USB. Why wouldn’t I be able to get 6 from the x1222usb? What sense would that make not to be able to get separate tracks.

This is simply because they are two separate products with completely different USB audio interfaces built in. Most of the analog mixer brand competition costs more than the Behringer and yet still don't have a 2 track USB interface built in. So while it can't "multitrack" record to your DAW, it's still a pretty cool feature that most other mixer's do not have at this price point. Adding a superior audio interface with those capabilities would also likely increase the price of the mixer significantly, making it not very competitive in today's market.

Just some food for thought. Smiley Wink
Michael Lapke

Contributor - Level 3
Hi Thadd,

The UMC1820 that Paul recommended is a tremendous value. It's 24 bits and 18 ch in, 20 ch out, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the X1222 is 16 bit 2 channels I/O. The X1222 has a lot of nice features and will probably work well in tandem with the 1820. I had a similar mixer from another maker and upgraded to the 404 for the higher resolution and I/O. Since you require more than 4 I/O, the 1820 is a good recommendation.

-Tom

Contributor - Level 2
My apologies. I know almost nothing about sound equipment. When I found out the 1222USB didn’t record 6 multitracks it made me angry because it was a Xmas gift from my wife which I asked for but I obviously didn’t read and understand enough to know it wasn’t what I needed. I’m sure the 1222USB has great features and is a great deal. We have a podcast and just wanted to be able to record 6 mics seperatley.

Would the 1820 by itself be able to do that? I’d need to return the 1222usb as I can’t afford to have both.

I appreciate everyone’s help so far, it is appreciated.

Volunteer Moderator
Thadd Scott;157731 wrote:
Would the 1820 by itself be able to do that?

If you are wanting something to just multi-track record, then yes the UMC1820 will provide that. It has 8 mic inputs (2 in front, 6 in back) and as Thomas mentioned, the USB provides 18 in and 20 out. The additional 10 inputs are from the ADAT and SPDIF. You could later add 8 more mic inputs by getting an ADA8200.

If you are also needing something to provide some routing capabilities, for things like mix minus, the UMC1820 does not have that.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator