Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 Compact not receiving signal for playback

Hello, and thanks in advance for the assistance!

I've just purchased the X32 Compact for studio applications, and can't seem to figure out why I can't get it to playback the sound from my DAW. I'm on the latest gen Mac Pro running Logic Pro X and ProTools 11, and it doesn't work with either.

I have it connected via USB2, and my DAW tells me that it's I/Os are both connected to the X32, and show that sound is being put out, but it doesn't register anywhere on the board. My apologies if this is something basic that I've missed, but I'm grateful for any help!

Thanks Smiley Happy
DonHaymon Contributor - Level 2 2017-09-01

2017-09-01

X32 Compact not receiving signal for playback

Hello, and thanks in advance for the assistance!

I've just purchased the X32 Compact for studio applications, and can't seem to figure out why I can't get it to playback the sound from my DAW. I'm on the latest gen Mac Pro running Logic Pro X and ProTools 11, and it doesn't work with either.

I have it connected via USB2, and my DAW tells me that it's I/Os are both connected to the X32, and show that sound is being put out, but it doesn't register anywhere on the board. My apologies if this is something basic that I've missed, but I'm grateful for any help!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 Compact not receiving signal for playback

Routing>Home (or "Inputs" if using Edit v3.)
By default the console will look to its own local preamps for input signals. You need to change it so that it looks to the X-USB card (set the inputs to Crd1-32.)