Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 Core - Mute Channel Question

Is there a way to mute the channel in FOH, but keep it open in a mix buss? It looks like the mute button in the mix will allow it to be muted in the mix buss but not FOH/LR, but I am trying to figure out how to mute a channel in FOH/LR but still hear it in the mix busses.
Tags (1)
DomitianX Contributor - Level 2 11-12-2017

11-12-2017

X32 Core - Mute Channel Question

Is there a way to mute the channel in FOH, but keep it open in a mix buss? It looks like the mute button in the mix will allow it to be muted in the mix buss but not FOH/LR, but I am trying to figure out how to mute a channel in FOH/LR but still hear it in the mix busses.

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 Core - Mute Channel Question

IIRC muting via DCAs can mute a channel in LR (and its post-fader sends, eg to FX,) but won't mute it in bus1-16 (if bus1-16 were all pre-fader.)

Alternatively, simply un-assigning the channel from LR would also keep it alive in bus1-16 (assuming they were all pre-fader,) but won't affect post-fader sends.
Contributor - Level 2

I was kind of thinking of using DCA for it, but I thought maybe there was another option.

Thanks!
Super Contributor - Level 2

You also have an option of +M (or no +M) for tap points. My understanding is +M includes ch's otherwise muted at FOH. I asked Care or someone about this a long while back when +M made its first appearance and the response was this:

...the M stands for Mute so bus sends can include (+M) or ignore (No +M) the console mutes. Helps when assigning signals to P16 mixers because the person using it wants the otherwise muted ch for his mix..

Not sure if that helps or not but give it a shot....

Contributor - Level 2

Where would I set +M/-M? At the tap point of each channel or the buss? I can't see that option n X-32 edit anywhere.
Contributor - Level 3

The +M options aren't useful for this. They apply to routing a signal to a physical (analogue or digital) output, you can choose whether the signal's mute status is ignored or not. It doesn't apply to routing a signal into a bus\LR.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Mike Carlson;135072 wrote:
Where would I set +M/-M? At the tap point of each channel or the buss? I can't see that option n X-32 edit anywhere.

Routing/out 1-16, aux out or p16 out assignments.
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, gotcha. I see that option now.