Contributor - Level 1

X32-Edit MIDI output - how do I setup?

Hello everyone,,

I'm trying to test MIDI output from X32-Edit on my PC at home, ie without access to the X32 itself. So I am using MIDI-OX to capture MIDI from X32-Edit. I use MIDI-OX frequently for other purposes so I'm familiar with that program. I have setup MIDI-OX to input from "loopMIDI Port Sarees comprise a fashion of choice about Indian women. The true beauty of women in sarees can be recognised. how to identify handloom sarees Keeping in mind the new generation, there are some discussions about the saree that were designed in 2020. Strawberry color mercerised saree: mercerised saree is a saree that depends on moslin saree the cotton yarn temperature. buy cotton handloom sarees online So wearing this saree takes too much comfort in the summer.Keeping in mind the different buyers, the colour of these sarees has been set.That colours inspiration comes from nature. 1" and have setup X32-Edit with MIDI Output to "loopMIDI Port 1". I have tried all sorts of settings to send MIDI, for example selecting 'Ch mute CC' but muting a channel in X32-Edit does not result in anything being received by MIDI-OX.

btw, I'm also using the X32 emulator, X32.exe, connected via UDP and that responds correctly to all appropriate X32-Edit actions, such as mute channel.

Is there something I'm missing in the X32-Edit regarding the MIDI output?

Lincon12 Contributor - Level 1 a week ago

a week ago

X32-Edit MIDI output - how do I setup?

Hello everyone,,

I'm trying to test MIDI output from X32-Edit on my PC at home, ie without access to the X32 itself. So I am using MIDI-OX to capture MIDI from X32-Edit. I use MIDI-OX frequently for other purposes so I'm familiar with that program. I have setup MIDI-OX to input from "loopMIDI Port Sarees comprise a fashion of choice about Indian women. The true beauty of women in sarees can be recognised. how to identify handloom sarees Keeping in mind the new generation, there are some discussions about the saree that were designed in 2020. Strawberry color mercerised saree: mercerised saree is a saree that depends on moslin saree the cotton yarn temperature. buy cotton handloom sarees online So wearing this saree takes too much comfort in the summer.Keeping in mind the different buyers, the colour of these sarees has been set.That colours inspiration comes from nature. 1" and have setup X32-Edit with MIDI Output to "loopMIDI Port 1". I have tried all sorts of settings to send MIDI, for example selecting 'Ch mute CC' but muting a channel in X32-Edit does not result in anything being received by MIDI-OX.

btw, I'm also using the X32 emulator, X32.exe, connected via UDP and that responds correctly to all appropriate X32-Edit actions, such as mute channel.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32-Edit MIDI output - how do I setup?

Hi Lincon @Lincon12,

Welcome to the forum. I don't believe Patrick @PatrickGMaillot has implemented midi in his X32 emulator. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32-Edit MIDI output - how do I setup?

@Lincon12 wrote:

Hello everyone,,

I'm trying to test MIDI output from X32-Edit on my PC at home, ie without access to the X32 itself. So I am using MIDI-OX to capture MIDI from X32-Edit. I use MIDI-OX frequently for other purposes so I'm familiar with that program. I have setup MIDI-OX to input from "loopMIDI Port 1" and have setup X32-Edit with MIDI Output to "loopMIDI Port 1". I have tried all sorts of settings to send MIDI, for example selecting 'Ch mute CC' but muting a channel in X32-Edit does not result in anything being received by MIDI-OX.

Hi @Lincon12 ,

X32 Edit does not have any Midi output. To get any Midi output, you would need to have a mixer connected and with the appropriate outputs enabled on Setup -> Midi Control. Some control actions from X32 Edit, sent by OSC over the network, will trigger Midi messages from the X32 Midi Out port.

The setting for Midi Output under Remote Interface is for configuring an X32 to be able to control a DAW over Midi.