Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 Effects inserts

When you want to use an insert there are 4 slots available, so if you have inserted Graphic EQ's on say the main left / right using a stereo eq, and 4 aux monitor sends using duel mono eq's, there is only 1 slot left. So you can't insert say a Leisure compressor to each vocal channel as you don't have enough slots left. Am I seeing this correctly or is there another way to do this?
AlanDawson Contributor - Level 2 2018-05-30

2018-05-30

X32 Effects inserts

When you want to use an insert there are 4 slots available, so if you have inserted Graphic EQ's on say the main left / right using a stereo eq, and 4 aux monitor sends using duel mono eq's, there is only 1 slot left. So you can't insert say a Leisure compressor to each vocal channel as you don't have enough slots left. Am I seeing this correctly or is there another way to do this?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 Effects inserts

FX1-4 can also be set as inserts too if you want. Select which bus feeds them, and at the top of the list will be "Insert." Select that. Then select the channel you want to insert it across, Config tab, 5th and 6th encoders to select (eg) FX1L as the insert processor and switch it in.

That said, you've got a dedicated 6-band peq across all buses and LR (and the mtxsSmiley Happy you should be able to get a decent sound out of them without needing to resort to any geqs.
Contributor - Level 2

I have noticed the 6 band PEQ, I have always preferred using 31 band EQ especially on the FOH mix. I'll use the PEQ a bit more maybe using the PEQ on the monitor sends. I would like to use some of the great insert software options on board on separate channel inserts. I have also been experimenting with parallel compression on vocal buss sends by using vocal to L/R and a bus to L/R and this seems an option with only using 1 slot for this.

Cheers
Contributor - Level 3

...I have also been experimenting with parallel compression on vocal buss sends by using vocal to L/R and a bus to L/R...

This is what the "wet" encoder on the channel compressor is for.
Contributor - Level 2

Craig Fowler;146975 wrote:
This is what the "wet" encoder on the channel compressor is for.

Yes but I really like the Leisure Compressor or the Fair compressor for vocals.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Yes but I really like the Leisure Compressor or the Fair compressor for vocals.

But you'll get comb filtering/phasing by using an insert because of the delay the insert introduces when you mix it with the dry(unprocessed) L/R.
Contributor - Level 2

Gary Weller;147001 wrote:
But you'll get comb filtering/phasing by using an insert because of the delay the insert introduces when you mix it with the dry(unprocessed) L/R.

I did wonder about this and was going to run a few tests first, sigh, just so used to the analog world LOL.