Contributor - Level 2

X32 Effects question

Hi all. 

I’m  struggling to understand something with sudechain effects. If I send say ch1 to FX1 ahd I have FX1 set to send to stereo Bus, then I hear a mild effect of it. 

If I however bring up the Effects Return for FX1 then I hear a significant effect. 

Whst exactly is happening between these two approaches to getting signal from the FX Bus is what I’m struggling to understand. 

Cheers!!

Sero Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-11

2019-07-11

X32 Effects question

Hi all. 

I’m  struggling to understand something with sudechain effects. If I send say ch1 to FX1 ahd I have FX1 set to send to stereo Bus, then I hear a mild effect of it. 

If I however bring up the Effects Return for FX1 then I hear a significant effect. 

Whst exactly is happening between these two approaches to getting signal from the FX Bus is what I’m struggling to understand. 

Cheers!!

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rising Star - Level 1

Re: X32 Effects question

Hey @Sero 

FX1 is Bus 13. If bus 13 is assigned directly to the LR bus, then dry signal is being sent to the LR bus.

Bus 13 is normally connected to the FX1 processor's input. The processor's output is connected to a pair of Aux Returns known as FX1L & R (which are really just AUX 9 & 10). These returns are carrying the wet signal from the FX processor and this signal is added to the LR bus.

Am I answering the question you are asking? 

Contributor - Level 2

Yes I believe so, thank you. 

Whst has confused me...and still does...is that with FX1 Bus (Bus 13) fader is up and sent to Main, I hear a pronounced doubling echo effect, similar to a Delay, which is what FX I had on that channel. 

But after your message I changed the FX to something else and that doubling echo is still there, so is not caused by the FX itself. 

So yes, i understand the FX return better now, thank you very much. But I do not understand the cause of the doubling echo. I’d have thought it would just be louder and perhaps slightly delayed if it’s just the dry signal passing through. 

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 1

@Sero 

If you want to post your scene, we can take a look. 

Here are (older) instructions for saving a scene. Remember to ZIP the file or it won't upload. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum

Contributor - Level 2

Hey thanks mate. 

Generous offer. But I’m ok with this little quirk, I can after all turn it off. 

I suspect it’s an artefact from two copies of the signal reaching the output out of time.