Contributor - Level 2

X32 RACK X LIVE Track Import Problem Logic Pro

I've done several live recordings using my X32 Rack and it's X32 LIVE SD recorder. I've never had any problems importing my 16 or 32 track recordings into Logic Pro until I did a Xlive 8 track recording. Logic is seeing the 8 track wav file as a 7.1 surround file instead of seeing the file as 8 separate mono tracks. I called Sweetwater (where I bought everything), no help. No clue. I've tried using the Behringer support system - which is non-functional as far as I can see. I fill out the form, completely, I hit submit ... nothing happens. It's not working FWIW ... might want to take a look at that.

I just got off the phone with Logic support and they didn't seem to know there was such a thing as a multitrack wav file. So ... here I am.

Has anyone run into problems importing an 8 track wav file from their X32 Live recorder into Logic Pro? If so were you able to bring the file in as 8 separate, discrete tracks, or did it see it as a surround file? If you were able to do this what did you do to make it work?

Is there a way to separate the multitrack wav file into it's 8 tracks other than via Logic on a Mac?

PowerCore Firewire - sw ver 4.3.3 - NonLin 2 - Master X5 - Virus basic - Logic 7.2.3 & 8.0.2 - MAC PRO dual quad core 2.8ghz - 10 gigs ram - OS 10.6.8 G Major 2
BCy2k Contributor - Level 2 a week ago

a week ago

X32 RACK X LIVE Track Import Problem Logic Pro

I've done several live recordings using my X32 Rack and it's X32 LIVE SD recorder. I've never had any problems importing my 16 or 32 track recordings into Logic Pro until I did a Xlive 8 track recording. Logic is seeing the 8 track wav file as a 7.1 surround file instead of seeing the file as 8 separate mono tracks. I called Sweetwater (where I bought everything), no help. No clue. I've tried using the Behringer support system - which is non-functional as far as I can see. I fill out the form, completely, I hit submit ... nothing happens. It's not working FWIW ... might want to take a look at that.

I just got off the phone with Logic support and they didn't seem to know there was such a thing as a multitrack wav file. So ... here I am.

Has anyone run into problems importing an 8 track wav file from their X32 Live recorder into Logic Pro? If so were you able to bring the file in as 8 separate, discrete tracks, or did it see it as a surround file? If you were able to do this what did you do to make it work?

Is there a way to separate the multitrack wav file into it's 8 tracks other than via Logic on a Mac?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 RACK X LIVE Track Import Problem Logic Pro

@BCy2k wrote:

Try Reaper or Patrick's X32Xlive_Wav utility.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 1

Re: X32 RACK X LIVE Track Import Problem Logic Pro

What happens if you change the track input from 7.1 to mono? Click on the Input slot in the mixer and try changing it to mono?

Logic is perfectly happy to decode multi-track WAV files - contrary to advice you may have received.

Logic Pro X 10.4.6, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5