Contributor - Level 2

X32 Rack with Cubase 10

I’m brand new here and have searched for this info but can’t find any definitive help.

whats your set up for recording? (Direct? Via control room?) 

How do you mute your studio monitors without dimming your headphones via the x32 monitor pot? (For recording vocals etc?)

Curehead Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-05

2019-09-05

X32 Rack with Cubase 10

I’m brand new here and have searched for this info but can’t find any definitive help.

whats your set up for recording? (Direct? Via control room?) 

How do you mute your studio monitors without dimming your headphones via the x32 monitor pot? (For recording vocals etc?)

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 Rack with Cubase 10

@Curehead wrote:

Whats your set up for recording? (Direct? Via control room?) 

Most of us use the X-USB card (in the back of the X32) and send multi-track to the DAW.

If you have your studio monitors connected to the Monitor L & R outputs in the back of the X32, those are physically tied to the headphone output. If you want separate outputs, connect to a couple of the XLR-M outputs (under the inputs) and assign the Monitor L & R in the monitor section to a mixbus pair, then assign those mixbuses to a physical outputs (first in Routing, Out 1-16, then in Routing, XLR Out).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

Perfect. Thank you !!!

Volunteer Moderator

@Curehead wrote:

Whats your set up for recording? (Direct? Via control room?) 

Most of us use the X-USB card (in the back of the X32) and send multi-track to the DAW.

If you have your studio monitors connected to the Monitor L & R outputs in the back of the X32, those are physically tied to the headphone output. If you want separate outputs, connect to a couple of the XLR-M outputs (under the inputs) and assign the Monitor L & R in the monitor section to a mixbus pair, then assign those mixbuses to a physical outputs (first in Routing, Out 1-16, then in Routing, XLR Out).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2

Perfect. Thank you !!!

Volunteer Moderator

Cubase/Nuendo have extensive control room capabilities. I highly recommend that you look into Greg Ondo from Steinberg and his tutorials on the subject.

Using the cubase control room will give you access to integrated monitoring and cue sends that you otherwise won’t have access to.

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!