Contributor - Level 1

X32 and Mojave compatibility

I'm having issues with multitrackrecording on a mac. The mac sees the X32 and it does work in virtual soundcheck mode so there is nothing wrong with the connection. But when I want to record the tracks, it doesn't get any inputs (input selected but no metering or inputsignal present). I tried this in Pro Tools and in Logic Pro. Both recognize the 'soundcard' as if everything is fine but no input monitoring is possible. Still I can select any of the 32 inputs in both DAW's.
I know that Pro Tools says on their website that they are not yet compatible with Mojave. But I don't know if X32 is not yet compatible with Mojave.
Does anyone know about these issues and better still, does somebody have a solution?
RoelReynders Contributor - Level 1 2018-11-11

2018-11-11

X32 and Mojave compatibility

I'm having issues with multitrackrecording on a mac. The mac sees the X32 and it does work in virtual soundcheck mode so there is nothing wrong with the connection. But when I want to record the tracks, it doesn't get any inputs (input selected but no metering or inputsignal present). I tried this in Pro Tools and in Logic Pro. Both recognize the 'soundcard' as if everything is fine but no input monitoring is possible. Still I can select any of the 32 inputs in both DAW's.
I know that Pro Tools says on their website that they are not yet compatible with Mojave. But I don't know if X32 is not yet compatible with Mojave.
Does anyone know about these issues and better still, does somebody have a solution?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 and Mojave compatibility

There are currently no known compatibility issues with Mojave.

However, a common problem is that people select the security option to have no microphone access. This results in ALL audio inputs from any device being disabled. You need to enable microphone access again to restore your recording capabilities.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Roel. Try looking at System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Privacy/Microphones. Cubase must be checked for inputs to function.

After upgrading to Mojave were you asked something like “do you want to use microphone” when you first started Cubase? Did you answer “no”? For some reason the Mac software people consider microphones to be any audio input.

Hope this helps.
-------------------------------------------------- Sent from my PDP-11
Valued Contributor - Level 1

My mid2012 macbook pro (16GB RAM, 1TB flashdrive) gets very slow once the USB audio-interface on the X32 is connected. Everything works eventually, but I/O is terribly slow. Just starting a simple audio/video playback-app such as VLC takes a minute or two. To fire up my Studio One DAW may take 5 minutes or more. It is clearly a problem with Mojave combined with the X32. If I roll back to the previous OS everything is back to normal. I also see no performance-problem with Mojave and audio when I use either the built-in audio-interface or an external 2-channel interface (Roland UA-25EX).
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you so much! Just got a new Macbook Pro and spent three days chasing this down. Finally put the right thing in search engine. Very glad everything still works as before.

Joel
Contributor - Level 1

Hello again. Made a short video if anyone is still having trouble.

https://youtu.be/kZ_wRgSukek

Joel
Contributor - Level 1

Got the input working, but still don't have audio going out to the main left and right.

I'm using Logic X and a Midas MR18