Contributor - Level 3

X32 - bypassing eq/dyn for mixbus

Hello,

i was wondering if is there a way to bypass eq and compression for each channel sent to mixbus.

In most cases tunings made at f.o.h. are not suitable for optimal monitoring and we do not have a monitor console.

Tags (1)
SimoneGiusti Contributor - Level 3 2019-02-16

2019-02-16

X32 - bypassing eq/dyn for mixbus

Hello,

i was wondering if is there a way to bypass eq and compression for each channel sent to mixbus.

In most cases tunings made at f.o.h. are not suitable for optimal monitoring and we do not have a monitor console.

• 0 Kudos
  • 10 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 - bypassing eq/dyn for mixbus

You can change the tap points for all channels feeding a bus by selecting a bus, going to the config tab, then using the 3rd encoder.

Alternatively, if you want some channels to feed a bus at one tap point and other channels to feed that bus at a different tap point, you can select an individual channel, go into the sends tab, and adjust that individual channel's tap points to different buses, then select a different channel, go to its send tab, and make its tap point something different.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

It is possible to change the tap point for bus sends - there are 9 options, as shown here.  Choosing one that suits your needs should deliver what you want.  In the example below, "bypass EQ and compression" can be achieved by selecting the "PreEQ" or "PreEQ +M" options, depending on whether you want the Mute to operate on the bus send, as well.

Contributor - Level 3

Thanks.

Is that related to single channel or for all channels sent to mixbus ??

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry - I didn't read your post carefully enough! I believe that Bus tap points affect all channels being sent to a bus.

What *might* be possible for you (depending on the number of channels you are using) is to duplicate inputs onto other channels and have different (independent) EQ/Dynamics being applied to those monitor-only channels. By using the Aux channels as well, those do not have dynamics, so you are (potentially) half way there with what you appear to want to do.

One other thing to consider: if you are going to buy a stage box at any time to expand your I/O (I don;t know which desk you have), consider instead an X32 Rack, which could act as the stage box for your FoH desk, and also provide separate monitor mixing busses.

HTH
Contributor - Level 3

You can change the tap points for all channels feeding a bus by selecting a bus, going to the config tab, then using the 3rd encoder.

Alternatively, if you want some channels to feed a bus at one tap point and other channels to feed that bus at a different tap point, you can select an individual channel, go into the sends tab, and adjust that individual channel's tap points to different buses, then select a different channel, go to its send tab, and make its tap point something different.

View solution in original post

Volunteer Moderator

Each channel handles its own tap point to a single bus so you are able to mix and match as you like.

There is a slight dependency in groups of two that normally isn’t an issue.

@SimoneGiusti wrote:

Thanks.

Is that related to single channel or for all channels sent to mixbus ??

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

I should have known that! Thanks for the correction.
In my defence, we have two desks, one for FoH & one for monitors, so we haven’t done much with different tap points for different channels.
Thanks, Craig & Robert
Contributor - Level 1

I wanted to publicly thank the Music Tribe customer service department for helping me out with a pair of dead TurboSound iX 12 speakers.xnxx

Even though the folks at the venue didn’t register the speakers for warranty when they were purchased from sweetwater three years ago, Esteban, care team leader sent me replacement parts that arrived a month ago just in time to kick off the summer season for the theater!xvideos

If that wasn’t enough, today I received the old parts shipped back to me in working order! They needed a couple caps (C2 and C7) replaced.xxx

All of this was done free of charge! I didn’t have to pay shipping or anything! So I just wanted to share this with other folks out there since they did me a solid!

Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for your post. However it doesn't seem to have any relevance to this particular thread which is about bypassing EQ on an X32. ??????
Contributor - Level 1

Books on guitar techniques and music theory Can someone suggest me good books for the following topics:

1. Guitar techniques (specially electric guitar, blues, rock)

2. Music theory There's not much discussion about learning material on this sub. I just wanted to find books to learn different guitar techniques in electric guitar since I'm looking forward to buying one in next week. As per music theory, it's not on priority for now as I want to develop skills before I write my own music with the help of music theory.