Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 date code

Can anyone out there answer this question?  I just purchased an x32-tp from ebay listed as New.  I was able to register the serial number no problem on Music Tribe for my warantee.  I then was curious about the date of manufacture.  I was directed to look near the SN for it.  Where the date code should be, it shows the words "DATE CODE".  No actual code, just the words.  Is this a refurb?  It looks new with FW version 3.07.  Did I get scammed?

Fcutaia1 Contributor - Level 2 04-02-2019

04-02-2019

X32 date code

Can anyone out there answer this question?  I just purchased an x32-tp from ebay listed as New.  I was able to register the serial number no problem on Music Tribe for my warantee.  I then was curious about the date of manufacture.  I was directed to look near the SN for it.  Where the date code should be, it shows the words "DATE CODE".  No actual code, just the words.  Is this a refurb?  It looks new with FW version 3.07.  Did I get scammed?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 date code

Hi @Fcutaia1,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about that. I recently purchased a Turbosound iQ12 from an authorized dealer (brand new) and it came with the same thing (no date sticker). As long as they accepted the warranty registration, you should be good for exciting times with your beloved X32.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Super Contributor - Level 2

Absolutely agree with Paul on warranty coverage. If they accepted your registration, you are all set. FYI, it looks like your date code would have been something like Nov/Dec 2017 if it had one. Seems like the date code sticker is not on a lot of their products these days and may be a thing of the past.. I've found with my things that do have a date code sticker, the date was a few weeks to a month prior to the first few digits of the serial number. Your S1712 (December 2017) serial indicates this. As far as the firmware number goes, even newly introduced products sometimes have old firmware on. The X-Live card comes to mind. I was lucky enough to get one of the first US shipments and it had a firmware version earlier than the only one posted on the website. You probably were not scammed.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Paul and thank you for the welcome to the forum and for advising me on the date code thing.  It puts my mind at ease to move forward as I am already well into integrating it into my rig.  The noard sounds amazing.  

Rergards,

Frank

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Gary,

I want to thank both you and Paul for putting me at ease with my purchase.  I scored an amazing deal with this seller at $1900 for the x32-tp with free shipping and no tax.  For a minute there I thought the deal was too good to be true but I guess it was a score after all.  By brother purchased one about 4 or 5 years ago upon my advise and I set it up for him back then.  The board just blew me away.  But he lives in Virginia and I am in New York so I don't get there very often and wasn't able to purchase one until now.  I am going fron a Behringer X2442USB to the digital X32.  My Yamaha XF-8 piano and synth sounds so thick and rich that it's hard to believe.  There is zero noise and zero hiss even at high SPL.  It's unbelievable.  For live I am playing through a new Crown Ti4002 power amp at 1200 watts per channel, connected to two Electro Voice ELX215's with the cross overs I just rebuilt with high end capacitors.  It sounds like a concert.   I just connected my vintage Les Paul through a passive direct box to it and I am floored.  The x32 made these speakers come alive like I've never heard them before.  I will post again when I have somewhat completed the effort.

Thank you again and best regards,

Frank

Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Fcutaia1,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about that. I recently purchased a Turbosound iQ12 from an authorized dealer (brand new) and it came with the same thing (no date sticker). As long as they accepted the warranty registration, you should be good for exciting times with your beloved X32.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Super Contributor - Level 2

Absolutely agree with Paul on warranty coverage. If they accepted your registration, you are all set. FYI, it looks like your date code would have been something like Nov/Dec 2017 if it had one. Seems like the date code sticker is not on a lot of their products these days and may be a thing of the past.. I've found with my things that do have a date code sticker, the date was a few weeks to a month prior to the first few digits of the serial number. Your S1712 (December 2017) serial indicates this. As far as the firmware number goes, even newly introduced products sometimes have old firmware on. The X-Live card comes to mind. I was lucky enough to get one of the first US shipments and it had a firmware version earlier than the only one posted on the website. You probably were not scammed.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Paul and thank you for the welcome to the forum and for advising me on the date code thing.  It puts my mind at ease to move forward as I am already well into integrating it into my rig.  The noard sounds amazing.  

Rergards,

Frank

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Gary,

I want to thank both you and Paul for putting me at ease with my purchase.  I scored an amazing deal with this seller at $1900 for the x32-tp with free shipping and no tax.  For a minute there I thought the deal was too good to be true but I guess it was a score after all.  By brother purchased one about 4 or 5 years ago upon my advise and I set it up for him back then.  The board just blew me away.  But he lives in Virginia and I am in New York so I don't get there very often and wasn't able to purchase one until now.  I am going fron a Behringer X2442USB to the digital X32.  My Yamaha XF-8 piano and synth sounds so thick and rich that it's hard to believe.  There is zero noise and zero hiss even at high SPL.  It's unbelievable.  For live I am playing through a new Crown Ti4002 power amp at 1200 watts per channel, connected to two Electro Voice ELX215's with the cross overs I just rebuilt with high end capacitors.  It sounds like a concert.   I just connected my vintage Les Paul through a passive direct box to it and I am floored.  The x32 made these speakers come alive like I've never heard them before.  I will post again when I have somewhat completed the effort.

Thank you again and best regards,

Frank