Contributor - Level 2

X32 into Cubase - Overdubbing

So I’ve set up my x32 rack and I can record into Cubase and hear back what I’ve recorded.

However I need to be able to do the following and have searched high and low.

1) Increase the gain on the input instrument channel to bring the signal up to -12 db - can’t find where to do this on the rack pages.

2) Where to go to include dynamics tap on input channels.

There is a severe lack of information on these things on the web. So much so that if someone shows me step by step overdubbing set up that works I promise I’ll take a day out and make some tutorials on YouTube 

Curehead Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-08

2019-09-08

X32 into Cubase - Overdubbing

So I’ve set up my x32 rack and I can record into Cubase and hear back what I’ve recorded.

However I need to be able to do the following and have searched high and low.

1) Increase the gain on the input instrument channel to bring the signal up to -12 db - can’t find where to do this on the rack pages.

There is a severe lack of information on these things on the web. So much so that if someone shows me step by step overdubbing set up that works I promise I’ll take a day out and make some tutorials on YouTube 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 into Cubase - Overdubbing

@Curehead wrote:

Routing > Output 1-16, Aux Output, and Ultranet tabs are the tap points for outputs.

Home> Sends tab control tap points for channels > busses

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 into Cubase - Overdubbing

@Curehead wrote:

Routing > Output 1-16, Aux Output, and Ultranet tabs are the tap points for outputs.

Home> Sends tab control tap points for channels > busses